Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Walmart Clearance Machines >
  • Walmart Clearance Machines

• Walmart Clearance Machines

Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 AM

I know some don't or won't purchase a Walmart machine, but, to those who would purchase, I have a dilemma.

My Walmart is moving some machines out because they are going to be bringing new ones in. So they are really marked down for clearance and one is the Brother 80 stitch that is normally 199.99.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-80...chine/14237606

It is marked down to 154.00.

There is also the Brother Project Runway which normally sells for 149.00. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-50...chine/14237605

Marked down to 109.00

Which one is the best deal. I'm leaning toward the 80 stitch due to the table it comes with. But, the Project Runway is consumer's Digest Best Buy and would save me a few dollars when money is tight.

Oh right now I have a 10 year plus Baby Lock Proline with like 20 stitches. Never ever had a problem with it, I just want one that does a bit more and it is time to upgrade.
    Thanks for any input.
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 AM

Frankly, we buy almost everything via using consumer's report's ratings and have rarely been disappointed. You can always buy the table or an aftermarket later on when money may not be so tight or have someone cut you one out of plexiglas at a local shop. Have fun with your new machine!
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 AM

I have the sq 9000. It has been a reliable machine. I bought a Janome but kept this as a back up. For the price it is a good buy.
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
    Banned

We are clearing out the 50 stitch for $109.00 and just now getting back in the 80 stitch. and it will be selling for $144.00. At least that is what the papers say right now.
    The difference is the SQ9000 has the monogramming you can do with it. BUT the monogramming can't be adjusted to a larger size nor can it be any more that capital letters. It is the only thing I don't like about th SQ9000. I do like having the extra table for quilting that the SQ 9000 has that the 50 stitch does not have.

Good luck in deciding.
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
    Banned

be sure you check out the opportunity for service. Buying from a dealer may be best in the long run because they will have service and advice.
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    I know some don't or won't purchase a Walmart machine, but, to those who would purchase, I have a dilemma.

My Walmart is moving some machines out because they are going to be bringing new ones in. So they are really marked down for clearance and one is the Brother 80 stitch that is normally 199.99.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-80...chine/14237606

It is marked down to 154.00.

There is also the Brother Project Runway which normally sells for 149.00. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-50...chine/14237605

Marked down to 109.00

Which one is the best deal. I'm leaning toward the 80 stitch due to the table it comes with. But, the Project Runway is consumer's Digest Best Buy and would save me a few dollars when money is tight.

Oh right now I have a 10 year plus Baby Lock Proline with like 20 stitches. Never ever had a problem with it, I just want one that does a bit more and it is time to upgrade.
    Thanks for any input.
    I would think that the one with the table with it is the best-- I've got one like that and I love the little table. When quilting, it really comes in handy!
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM
    Power Poster

Check out the user reviews on patternreview.com

The reviews for the 50-stitch consumer best buy machines are really good. Complaints are bad lighting and lack of needle up/down.

The reviews on the Walmart site are quite positive too.
    Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Check out the user reviews on patternreview.com

The reviews for the 50-stitch consumer best buy machines are really good. Complaints are bad lighting and lack of needle up/down.

The reviews on the Walmart site are quite positive too.
    Yep, I just read those. Also, one woman said you can program the up and down needle. I've never even had a machine that auto stops in a down position. lol
    Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM

I like the up/down needle position. I have the walmart project runway. Been using it for yrs but now having problems with bottom tension and no way to adjust it. Otherwise love the embroidery Features!!
    Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
    I like the up/down needle position. I have the walmart project runway. Been using it for yrs but now having problems with bottom tension and no way to adjust it. Otherwise love the embroidery Features!!
    It has embroidery features? lol, missed that little notation.