Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

• WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 AM

I really hope it is true and that all Walmart stores get fabric back. I live very close to a Walmart and our Joanns is clear accross town and a unfriendly place. Sometimes all you need is a piece of red or a yard of muslin....would be sooooo nice. Will ask the store manager when I go down this week.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:07 AM

Sure hope it will be fabric not made in China!
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:08 AM

I live near one Wal-Mart that still carries bolts of fabric. However their prices are the same if not high than JoAnn's. Plus JoAnn's always has the monthly coupons. So when using the coupons JoAnn's is much much lower price than Walmart
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 AM

I guess we will have to read the bolts, just like we need to do on everything else. we really should try very hard to only buy Made in America for everything.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Walmart kept some fabric in selected areas. Hope this is true then I'll have a good selection as there are 4 stores fairly close to me. I bought the fabric for the first large project there. The label is a well known brand but a few years old I'm sure.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 AM

I read it too, it's suppose to be starting in May. From what it looks like it will be happening in ALL stores. They should never have removed what they did
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Carrie
    Once they removed the fabric from our Walmart, I stopped going. It was the only reason I found to shop there. By watching the sales, I found I could do just as well shopping at other stores.
    Me, too. What little I had to spend went to local stores during sales, and not a dime to Walmart for anything after they got rid of fabrics.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 AM

I checked the fabrics I bought at Wal Mart and am thrilled with. One is Laurie Campbell. The other is VIP by Cranston Village. (the same fabric Hancock's sells).
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:20 AM

Whoo Hoo!!!!

Just happened to go by my Walmart this morning looking for some off white material - Silsbee, Tx. What did I find to my surprise new fabrics, shelves and shelves of more bolts and they will be moving the fabric section to the front of the store. Now I can look in the morning and buy on the way home.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    Originally Posted by susanwilley
    It has already happened in our store in Glen Burnie. I have noticed some very pretty new fabrics on thier shelves. And, while I don't know fabric very well at all, they look and feel very top of the line. The price is still kinda reasonable even though prices are rising. Ours run about 4.94 per yard, some higher and some lower. They still have mark downs for 2.00 to 3.00 per yard too.
    While my local WM (10 miles away) does not currently carry fabric <sure hope it comes back!>..... another WM store (about 40 miles away) does still carry fabric and has been revamping their inventory. I was told by the fabric associates that they are moving the department back to a prominent location in the store too!

I agree with Susan.... the quality, price and selection is GREAT!
    Right now, I know of two WMs with fabric. One is about 25 miles west and I do go there once in a while. The other is maybe 40 miles east. I would go there if I got desperate.

I've heard several folks say WM's fabrics are not good. But some are the same fabrics sold at JoAnn's.

The store where my perscriptions are, and the store where I know the layout best, has some precuts right now. There will be a bunch of very happy folks if the old style fabric departments come back.