Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

• WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 AM

YESSSSSSSS finally.
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 AM

Items I made with fabric bought at WalMart; I really don't find any of this fabric of poor quality.

Cotton Deer Panels only, Burlap bought at feed store.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183144[/ATTACH]

Was in WM Sunday night and this piece still available.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183145[/ATTACH]

Shirt napkin made for my elderly mother.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183146[/ATTACH]

All fabrics from WM for tablecloth, placemats, and napkins. Big fish fabric on placemats discontinued since making this.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183147[/ATTACH]

Another bib for elderly mom.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183150[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183138.jpe   attachment-183139.jpe   attachment-183140.jpe   attachment-183141.jpe   attachment-183144.jpe  

Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 AM

This is on the pressroom page, its on the new campaign ads.On this video they're showing fabric being cut, about a minute and sixteen in. :thumbup: :D http://walmartstores.com/Video/?id=1573 The 2 close to me have continued carrying it, hope the one in Hartselle gets it back :thumbup:
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 AM

So maybe they do listen to us quilters, yeah!
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Well, I belong to BJ's Discount Club and Wal Mart is right next to it. When I'm looking for radios, computers, telephones, TV's, etc. I found Wal mart is just as cheap and has the same exact product. I shop between the 2 stores. If one doesn't have what I'm looking for the other does. Usually don't buy clothes there but they have great household products. They're cheaper then BJ's on paper products. Their detergents are a great price. We're getting a super store finally, and I can't wait. Don't like their meats but the prices on their canned goods is good.
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
    I just saw on the the news this morning that they are returning 8,100 items that they had previously removed from their stores because their sales were down a LOT. Obviously, you can't buy what isn't there.
    Oh, I so wish they would also bring back their embroidery dept - - - embroidery and quilting do go together!! :-D
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 AM

i'm sure they realized how many customers they lost due to no fabric or fishing poles
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
    It has already happened in our store in Glen Burnie. I have noticed some very pretty new fabrics on thier shelves. And, while I don't know fabric very well at all, they look and feel very top of the line. The price is still kinda reasonable even though prices are rising. Ours run about 4.94 per yard, some higher and some lower. They still have mark downs for 2.00 to 3.00 per yard too.
    Hi, I was just in the Glen Burnie (Severn) store. lol the fabric dept always calls me there! I bought some fabrics in cuts and the prices were ok .. highest I got a cut from was the 4.94 price. Now there are some higher, about a dollar for the most part. I found some really pretty spring/summery material.

I am hoping they put fabric back in the Bowie WalMart. I am a bit closer to that one than the Severn Super WalMart.

Sharon
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
    Power Poster

Well besides the fabric I sure hope they return mainland dishwash brushes and thos elittle paper things to make cupcakes in.

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
    I just saw on the the news this morning that they are returning 8,100 items that they had previously removed from their stores because their sales were down a LOT. Obviously, you can't buy what isn't there.
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
    Well, I belong to BJ's Discount Club and Wal Mart is right next to it. When I'm looking for radios, computers, telephones, TV's, etc. I found Wal mart is just as cheap and has the same exact product. I shop between the 2 stores. If one doesn't have what I'm looking for the other does. Usually don't buy clothes there but they have great household products. They're cheaper then BJ's on paper products. Their detergents are a great price. We're getting a super store finally, and I can't wait. Don't like their meats but the prices on their canned goods is good.
    Hi , I am not sure what part of Maryland you are in, but there is one in Severn ... off Quarterfield road .. a SuperWalmart and they have fabric!!