Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >
  • WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

• WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    If they do, I hope it is a better quality than the junk they have in packages now. When we did have bolt fabric, a lot of it was of a poor quality; but some was rather nice. I live kinda on the edge of Amish country, so they also had fabric suitable for their apparel. Although I NEVER have seen an Amish person in there. My DIL is on the town council and she said the Amish wouldn't shop at Wal Mart because they are open on Sundays. Wal Mart built a horse parking area, which I once saw a horse and buggy in it. I just think Wal Mart is really out of touch with what shoppers REALLY want. They need a reality check in their pocket book.
    I'm from Ohio Amish and say MANY amish in ther stores with horse parking where the buggies lined up. don't know where you live.
    Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Ours has always carried bolts of fabric, but this is good news for those whose stores quit!
    Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
    Originally Posted by Darlene
    That story is false.
    Not false, the article is right here:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...673697210.html

:)
    :lol: :lol: :thumbup: Thanks for providing a citable reference to this thread. I despise it when people just make a blanket statement without documentation to back it up.
    Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 AM

The WalMarts in Moorefield, WV and Elkins, WV have a fabric department. Lots and lots of fabric, patterns, fatquarters, etc. So much to choose from!!!! I was in AWE!!!!!! In Uniontown and surrounding areas have none.
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM
    Banned

WOOOHOOOO! I hope ours follows suit. The manager told me a few months ago it would NEVER return...I hope I can smirk at him soon!!LOL!
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Some have rearranged the stores and have a smaller fabric area, some had closed that part and I notice that some have come back with it. I have 6 or 7 Wal-Marts not to far from me and I have shopped at all of them. If they don't carry fabric's I am sure that Joanne's will take there business. I know some people don't like either, but at 10 plus a yard, not everyone can afford that. Years ago, people used feed stacks and flour stacks, so what ever you can afford.
    Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
    Power Poster

This is GREAT news :D:D:D
    Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 AM

I don't want to rain on what will be a happy circumstance for alot of us fabric shoppers (includes me) but I hope this time they will have the fabric counter staffed by someone who knows how to cut fabric. Before the "change" when my store had fabric I had to call for help each time and wait and wait. Then whoever came over usually admitted they really didn't know what to do.
    Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    I don't want to rain on what will be a happy circumstance for alot of us fabric shoppers (includes me) but I hope this time they will have the fabric counter staffed by someone who knows how to cut fabric. Before the "change" when my store had fabric I had to call for help each time and wait and wait. Then whoever came over usually admitted they really didn't know what to do.
    I would ask the person if I could show them how to cut fabric, since I sew. It would only take a couple of mins and would help that person out a lot.
    Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM
    Power Poster

It's not so much the fabrics I want walmart to have it's the basics like fusibles, muslin, cotton canvas, pre quilted fabric, wash a away, tear aways, interfacing, patterns, rulers and notions. The "Celebrations" dept is the biggest waste of space Walmart ever had. Walmart does not hurt the LQS or other fabric stores. When Walmart closed the fabric dept. here. Hancock's closed and then the two LQS thought they would be set! Nope, both filed bankruptcy in a year after the fabric dept closed at Walmart.