Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Walmarts that still have fabric???? >
  • Walmarts that still have fabric????

• Walmarts that still have fabric????

Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 AM

The Walmart by my house (the super Walmart on Cobb Pkwy at the Big Chicken in Marietta) still has fabric. The super Walmart by my office building (corner of Winward Pkwy and Hwy 9 in Alpharetta) doesn't have it. However, there is the world's LARGEST Joann's just down the road on North Point Pkwy. It's like a Joann's and a Michael's combined. Very dangerous to the wallet! I won't be shopping there very much. There's till a Hancock Fabric in Morrow on Jonesboro road. I was down there last weekend at my best friend's house and that's where I bought the material for my mom's Christmas quilt (1st project ever!).

Kelle
    Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 AM

the last one I found in Columbus is on 23 north and that dept. is dwindling quickly. Even Joanns fabric seems to be dwindling around here. On Line ordering must be taking over. Sad, I like to look, touch and examine the fabric.
    Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sew_Deer
    the last one I found in Columbus is on 23 north and that dept. is dwindling quickly. Even Joanns fabric seems to be dwindling around here. On Line ordering must be taking over. Sad, I like to look, touch and examine the fabric.
    it is sad, I like to touch too
    Old 03-31-2010, 04:37 PM

Luckly, we still have ours in georgetown TX.
    Old 03-31-2010, 07:26 PM

The Walmart in North Platte, NE still has fabric but I do note that the aisles are gradually getting farther and farther apart and they are carrying less and less fabric. No jelly rolls now. They do have fat quarters, quite a few sale fabrics and some regular quilting cottons. So far, so good.
    Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM

The closest WalMart in Sierra Vista, AZ does still have material and a wonderful staff...

The one in Benson (which is a super walmart) does, but everytime ive been there, the 1 staff member working in it has ignored customers standing there in order to have personal conversations... last time i was there, i gave up and left with nothing after standing there holding 3 bolts for almost 45 minutes. But somehow ended up knowing more about her family than my own lol
    Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by TanyaMas
    The closest WalMart in Sierra Vista, AZ does still have material and a wonderful staff...

The one in Benson (which is a super walmart) does, but everytime ive been there, the 1 staff member working in it has ignored customers standing there in order to have personal conversations... last time i was there, i gave up and left with nothing after standing there holding 3 bolts for almost 45 minutes. But somehow ended up knowing more about her family than my own lol
    I'm glad in a way they still have fabric . But this kind of employee really ticks me off ! She is there to help customers not to talk about her family .
    I knows just how this feels . A few yrs ago I had some things on layaway at K Mart . Well I needed to take some things back . The front manager [ an old black haired lady ] dye job . There was nobody at the service desk , she came over looked at me and turned around and went over to talk to one of the cashiers . She never called on the intercom for anybody to come help me either ! I stood there about 20 minutes getting madder by the minute and bf comes by and I told him we were leaving . Asked me if I got my money back , well no d a I've still got the same stuff ! Hoping things will get better :?: Annie
    Old 04-01-2010, 04:52 AM

Wal-mart in Kosciusko, MS still has it..I have just moved to Columbus, MS and they have a good selection of fabric left...
    Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 AM

The Wally world in Hanover Mass is selling out their fabrics. (at 50% today) and NO, this is not an April Fool's joke. (although it may be foolish for them to close their fabrics out)
    Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 AM

Ashtabula Ohio still had fabric in Dec. when I left to go to Fla. Haines City Fla has it too