Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A Warm Welcome >
  • A Warm Welcome

• A Warm Welcome

Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 AM

My husband does woodworking, too, and I think you'll find that sewing is WAY less expensive when you figure the band saw, the table saw, the table saw, the drill press, the bench sander, the disc sander.... you get the idea! And that's not even wood yet! Happy quilting and congratulations!
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
    My husband does woodworking, too, and I think you'll find that sewing is WAY less expensive when you figure the band saw, the table saw, the table saw, the drill press, the bench sander, the disc sander.... you get the idea! And that's not even wood yet! Happy quilting and congratulations!
    Ha wait a minute! My dad does woodworking as well. I forsee many fabulous birthday, anniversary and Christmas gifts for you! New sewing machine tables with lifts, drop leaf cutting boards, fold down ironing board, adjustable shelving.....oh MY we can keep your DH very busy..... :lol:
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:53 AM

Welcome from Oregon! Sewing and quilting are so rewarding, and we're glad you've discovered it again!
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingmama
    Thank you to everyone for welcoming me and the praise and encouragement on my first block. The quilting bug bit me about a month and a half ago when I started reading the Elm Creek Quilters series. However I am no good at hand sewing and didn't have a sewing machine yet. So I added a sewing machine to my wedding registry (justifying it by saying I'll sew clothes for our 5 year old, curtains, etc) and hoped. I received the sewing machine for my wedding and sat down in front of it last night to set it up. This was the first time I had been in front of a sewing machine in 7 years. I made myself a shirt when I was 18 and hadn't tried since. I found the process of cutting the fabric relaxing. I've always loved our local Joanns store, looking at all the different fabrics. And so I have started. My dh is very worried already but we have an agreement that we will be fair about our habits, his woodworking and my quilting. And so another quilter is born...
    I am reading the Elm Creek Series now. I think I'm in book eight. Welcome to our forum. It is the best on the web in my opinion. When I have a question (and I have many) I plug it into the search box here before I Google it. These ladies (and men) are the greatest and there is no quilting too silly or complicated for them to take it seriously and help all they can. I love this site.
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Welcome to the QB and congratulations on
    your marriage.
    Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Hi and welcome from NE Ohio.
    Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Hi and welcome from central Minnesota
    Old 06-28-2011, 06:39 AM

Good for you! Wish you many years of wedded bliss - and quilting happiness!
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 AM

First, I love the Elm Creek Quilters series. Can hardly wait for the next one to come out!!! Welcome to the board from Willamette Valley, Oregon. You will be inspired and will learn so much from this wonderful, talented and caring group of quilters!
    Originally Posted by quiltingmama
    Thank you to everyone for welcoming me and the praise and encouragement on my first block. The quilting bug bit me about a month and a half ago when I started reading the Elm Creek Quilters series. However I am no good at hand sewing and didn't have a sewing machine yet. So I added a sewing machine to my wedding registry (justifying it by saying I'll sew clothes for our 5 year old, curtains, etc) and hoped. I received the sewing machine for my wedding and sat down in front of it last night to set it up. This was the first time I had been in front of a sewing machine in 7 years. I made myself a shirt when I was 18 and hadn't tried since. I found the process of cutting the fabric relaxing. I've always loved our local Joanns store, looking at all the different fabrics. And so I have started. My dh is very worried already but we have an agreement that we will be fair about our habits, his woodworking and my quilting. And so another quilter is born...
    :thumbup:
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Best wishes on your marriage! I hope you and your husband will have many long, wonderful years together.

Welcome to quilting, too! I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations!