Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Wedding Ring Rulers >
  • Wedding Ring Rulers

• Wedding Ring Rulers

Old 03-12-2017, 08:49 AM

I used John Flynn's templates. They're sort of old, so don't know if they're still available. They were pretty easy to use.
    Old 03-12-2017, 08:52 AM

Sue - LOL I laughed at your comment! I too used those templates - struggled a bit but perservered and got a queen half done - got bored and stuck it in a UFO project box - When I pass by the stack the "eye" shouts out "Remember Me!! Get busy here!!" HaHa .... maybe this summer!
    Old 03-12-2017, 08:58 AM

I made a WR quilt using the Shar Jorgensen's plastic templates and really enjoyed them. I would cut out each piece and had a pizza box that I put them in and when I had a little time I would make a block. Worked out well. Good luck.
    Old 03-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Sew Kind of Wonderful has a pattern called Metro Rings that is based on DWR. It has a special ruler to use with it and many other patterns for the ruler. I have the pattern and ruler, but haven't started one as yet so could not tell you how it is to use. They do have a couple youtube's on their ruler. https://sewkindofwonderful.com/collections/all?page=4
    Old 03-12-2017, 12:37 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by yngldy
    Sew Kind of Wonderful has a pattern called Metro Rings that is based on DWR. It has a special ruler to use with it and many other patterns for the ruler. I have the pattern and ruler, but haven't started one as yet so could not tell you how it is to use. They do have a couple youtube's on their ruler. https://sewkindofwonderful.com/collections/all?page=4
    Oh I have that ruler. I forgot all about it. I took a class using it for a pattern. I remember it was easy and fun. I made a nice table runner I need to get it out again.
    Old 03-12-2017, 03:30 PM

I echo those who said Shar Jorgenson. I bought her templates and downloaded the videos. I watched the videos as I went and could watch over and over again.

I did a king size one for my nephew and I am very pleased with how it turned out.. of course it was challenging but I loved it and I can't wait to make another one

I sent mine out to a longarm for quilting and she did a beautiful job!
    Old 03-13-2017, 02:33 AM

Currently working on a "not so giant dahlia" from Marti Mitchell. Very high quality templates, good and thick.
    Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 AM

For my DD's double wedding quilt quite a few years ago, I used the templates by Shar Jorgensen. I was very pleased with the results.
    Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM

I used the Creative Grid set of four templates (melon, arc, arc endcap and center 'diamond') in conjunction with Judy Niemeyer's 'Flowers for my Wedding Ring' for my daughter's wedding present. All the wedding ring sections went together VERY smoothly and I'm happy with the matching of points and intersections.

I was very happy that they were Creative Grid with regards to fabric gripping and am slowly changing out my rulers to Creative Grid.