Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Well, Call Me an Idiot... >
  • Well, Call Me an Idiot...

• Well, Call Me an Idiot...

Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
    Power Poster

I would say, having fibro and more, that I feel your pain...but I'm so glad I can't.
    Sorry that you are though! gentle hugs and hope you feel better soon :thumbup:
    Old 11-14-2010, 12:44 PM

I keep my iron in another room & those breaks help.A few stretching exercises does the same.But,still....if I push on thru, will pay for it the next day.Need to remember, I'm not as young & healthy as I used to be.Not by a long shot.So it all adds up.

Originally Posted by amma
    I have to set the timer to remind me to take breaks... other wise I end up being able to do nothing but read or watch tv :roll: :D:D:D
    Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Maybe allow yourself a certain length of time each day for sewing.If need be, send small gifts & tell them you need more time to finish their main gifts.Good luck & feel better soon.

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    On Friday I decided it was time to cut out the other quilt for my 2nd DGD. It took me from noon until 6 pm with only a couple of breaks. Of course, in the heat of the moment I forgot about my fibromyalgia and arthritis so guess what? Yesterday wasn't too bad so went shopping at JoAnn's and the grocery store for 4 hrs. TODAY??? I can hardly move. My shoulder hurts all the way down to my fingertips. My right hip is giving me fits and other parts I didn't even know I used are hurting also.

Took my meds like a good little girl and hope to start sewing in time to get the quilts (there are 2, the 1st top is done) done before Christmas!

I never could pace myself :roll: :roll:
    Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM

If it becomes a problem, send a picture of how far you are at Christmas time, then send updates weekly after Christmas. The anticipation will be fun and they'll like tracking their quilts' progess.

Fibromyalgia: Magnesium malate! From a natural food store or online. It's malic acid from apples and magnesium combined. I couldn't function without it. That and naps.

I can't call you an idiot. Just a loving grandmother who overextended herself. We all do it, especially around holidays.
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:06 PM

oh I have done that too. finished a super king on the frame on Saturday (in less than a week). My hip hurts so bad, I couldn't get off the floor after playing with DGS, and the DIL laughed when I couldn't get up
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM

I feel you pain. I have been trying to work on a quilt for DH and I... I'm really excited about it, but I have pushed myself too far at the cutting mat (takes it out of me the most, it seems). I have fibro too (diagnosed in HS)... I am sitting at the computer with ice on my back as I type. I hope you get to feeling better! Rest up! I know if I get in a hurry or push myself too hard I end up sick and making stupid mistakes which are even more frustrating and time consuming.
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM

I hope you are feeling better.
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Hope you get better soon, take care of yourself...
    Old 11-14-2010, 07:52 PM

I so can relate. DIfferent ailments but still haev the pains and stiffness after a few days of fun and running. Nothing wrong with taking a day to relax.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-126551.gif  
    Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 PM

Thanks everyone! I just sat for most of the day and eased into starting to sew. I managed to finish the hardest part which are Tri-Angles. Got them all done. The rest should be downhill. And I'm through for the night. Tomorrow I'll tackle the flying geese which are 2" squares sewn onto 2"x4" rectangles. Not too hard, but after that I can assemble the stars and I'll be half done! There is a light at the end of the tunnel ;-)