Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Well, I've gone and done it! >
  • Well, I've gone and done it!

• Well, I've gone and done it!

Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 PM

A second machine is good for back-up, mood swings when you just want a change, and if it is a fabulous afternoon and you want to sew out on the patio!! :-) Now you are set.

Marysewfun
    Old 10-26-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by cricket
    My ten year old sewing machine will not run with the foot pedal. Just the start and stop button. Anyway, been debating whether to buy a new one or get it serviced. Been looking at the Brother Sewing/Embroidery Machine online at Walmart and they just lowered the price even more today to $299. So decided to order one. Hopefully, I will be happy with it; I have never had a Brother sewing machine just Janome. Wish me luck on this decision. Hopefully, I did the right thing!!
    I have a Janome 3500 that the foot pedal died and hadn't gotten a new one and bought a 6600 and never hooked the foot pedal on it but use it on my 3500. I love just using the stop start button on the new machine.
    Old 10-28-2013, 02:36 PM

I have a Janome and I have never used the foot pedal. I love the stop and start button - the machine pedals get to my ankles and feet. I would actually be willing to give my foot pedal to someone who would use it. I have a Janome 6600... if anyone is interested.
    Old 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
    My Janome's foot pedal also quit working last week. It would sew for just stitch or two and quit. I had the Janome dealer at the LQS order me a new foot. It was $40. plus tax. DH took my old pedal apart, cleaned it and checked it with his voltmeter. Hubby said it showed up great but it still wouldn't work. I am not to crazy about the new pedal, it is so light weight and gets away from my foot to much.
    Trick I have used many times with lighter weight foot pedals - put a mouse pad under the foot and it doesn't slide away from your foot
    Old 11-07-2013, 03:52 AM

You may do the nice purchase.You know that the Bother is very suitable for the entry level users.And I have also buy the same brand serger ,And it still work great for about two mothes.I hope that It can still work great.In a word,You are completely satisfied with it .