Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WESTERN CONNECTING THREADS WAREHOUSE SALE >
  • WESTERN CONNECTING THREADS WAREHOUSE SALE

• WESTERN CONNECTING THREADS WAREHOUSE SALE

Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM

My eyes are green with envy-never have those wonderful sale finds where I live.
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 AM

Living near would be hazardous to my checkbook!
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 AM

:thumbup:
    Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sewslow
    Yesterday a friend and I went to the Connecting Threads Warehouse Sale in Vancouver, Washington. We didn't "need" anything but thought we'd find a few scraps at $2.96 a pound. Since we had no idea how much fabric weighs (other than husbands' complaints about the incredible burden it puts on an RV :roll: ) we apprehensively approached checkout with all we could carry. I got all this for $38!! And digging separately we spent the same amount. I was amazed at how many people were there and how friendly and cooperative they were on a really hot day.
    :shock:

I need to go to Vancouver. lol
    Old 09-12-2011, 10:43 AM

Wow!!! And next time dh says your fabrics weigh too much, ask him how much one of his "just in case"tools weigh?

Kat
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
    Power Poster

After seeing this post I sent an email to Connecting Threads saying I would love to be notified if they had another warehouse sale in Vancouver. I got a response saying "I am so sorry that you missed the warehouse sale. We have only had 1 warehouse sale in Vancouver in the past 5 years." So it's not a regular event, and it sounds like they don't even know when the next one will be, but if any of you on the board hear of one PLEASE tell everyone about it. We can meet in the parking lot and have a tailgate party!
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:53 AM

I just went to the same event in Columbus Ohio a couple weeks ago. Fabric pieces for $2.99 per pound. It was awesome! If I remember right, I got around 100 yards of fabric for about $79. I got anything from 3 - 4 inch strips to 2.5 yard pieces.

I was there very late in the day and there was still LOTS and LOTS of fabric left. I asked what they were going to do with the rest of the fabric and they said they were going to donate it to charity.

This was the second year in a row that they had the one day only sale in Columbus.
    Old 09-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sewslow
    Yesterday a friend and I went to the Connecting Threads Warehouse Sale in Vancouver, Washington. We didn't "need" anything but thought we'd find a few scraps at $2.96 a pound. Since we had no idea how much fabric weighs (other than husbands' complaints about the incredible burden it puts on an RV :roll: ) we apprehensively approached checkout with all we could carry. I got all this for $38!! And digging separately we spent the same amount. I was amazed at how many people were there and how friendly and cooperative they were on a really hot day.
    Will it still be going on Wednesday the 14th? I will be in Vancouver that day.
    Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
    I just went to the same event in Columbus Ohio a couple weeks ago. Fabric pieces for $2.99 per pound. It was awesome! If I remember right, I got around 100 yards of fabric for about $79. I got anything from 3 - 4 inch strips to 2.5 yard pieces.

I was there very late in the day and there was still LOTS and LOTS of fabric left. I asked what they were going to do with the rest of the fabric and they said they were going to donate it to charity.

This was the second year in a row that they had the one day only sale in Columbus.
    I went to the one in Columbus, too, also late in the day...probably we were there at the same time! They said you could figure about 3 yards to a pound, so it worked out to about $1/yd...not bad!! They had entire huge rolls of fabric, too. This was the second sale of theirs I went to.
    Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
    After seeing this post I sent an email to Connecting Threads saying I would love to be notified if they had another warehouse sale in Vancouver. I got a response saying "I am so sorry that you missed the warehouse sale. We have only had 1 warehouse sale in Vancouver in the past 5 years." So it's not a regular event, and it sounds like they don't even know when the next one will be, but if any of you on the board hear of one PLEASE tell everyone about it. We can meet in the parking lot and have a tailgate party!
    :thumbup: Ditto.