Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What brand of iron do you like? >
  • What brand of iron do you like?

• What brand of iron do you like?

Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM

I have an old Black and Decker and a cordless Oreck. They both work fine, but I'm thinking about trying the Olisa auto-lift iron.
    Old 12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
    Boo

Diana and Minda brought up two irons I am interested in learning about. Anyone else have the Matag cordless? Is it good on steam? Is it heavy enough? What about ease of use?

I have seen ads for Olisa and am curious. Anyone seen it in action? Does anyone own it? Tell us what you think.
    Old 12-09-2006, 06:30 AM

I'm on my 2nd Rowenta, great iron but the steam button isn't working on either one of them. seems to go out first. I'm now using an "OLD Black & Decker Lite & Easy". Great little iron, small, lite wt, gets nice & hot BUT doesn't shut off. I still have my Rowenta & use it just for clothes, but miss the steam. For the money I probably won't buy another Rowenta.
    linda l
    Old 12-09-2006, 07:34 AM

I purchased a Black & Decker Travel Iron when I started quilting and have used it ever since. I just love it!! Heats up immediately and both steam and regular work like a charm. It's very light so easy to grab and use at will for everything from seams to very small areas (use point of iron only). Also have a large, regular iron that's just too bulky and heavy. I purchased the B&D through eBay for $19.95 and received in matter of days!! I highly recommend!!
    Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Minda
    Does anyone use a Hobbico Quilters Craft Iron? I've heard many times that the Clover mini iron doesn't get hot enough and I wonder it the Hobbico works better than the Clover. :?:
    I love the Hobbico Craft Iron. It gets hotter and is easier to use (my humble opinion). It's great for small ironing but doesn't replace your regular iron.
    Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM

I use the Rowenta iron and absolutely love it. There are several models, and I prefer the smaller Powerglide 2 or the Professional. Rowenta seems to slide over the fabric better and gives crisper seams. Caution, though, they don't bounce well. Try to keep them on the ironing board or other secure area. (After 12 years, I'm on my 3rd Rowenta.)