Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What to do? >
  • What to do?

• What to do?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    No I think just the opposite. It is wonderful you were so prepared without knowing. Now your mom has her quilt and your aunt hopefully soon. I think the glass is half full not half empty. As for your bother please do not worry about it. I am sure he could use a quilt hug now mom is ill.
    I know how you feel but you're not killing your family. I felt that way 20 yrs ago. I could not get pregnant so I went on fertility drugs. I got pregnant and had my daughter in March. August 31 my brother was killed in a car accident. I felt so guilty b/c I felt if I hadn't "messed with nature and God"and had a baby when it wasn't meant to be, I wouldn't have lost my brother. Then about 6 mos after my bro died I went out with my sister to have a few drinks and it hit me. I didn't kill my brother, God gave me my daughter b/c he knew she was the only thing that would get me through that. It's the same thing with your quilts. The cancer was inevitable but you had the quilts on the ready to comfort.
    "Keep on sewing"!
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 PM

No! You are not bringing this on! As others have said, you are there for them in their time of need ahead of time. The quilts will comfort them through their difficult time, and futures ones will comfort you as you make them and others as they receive them!
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Not only are your quilts a gift of love and comfort, the recipient was being thought of with every stitch, so you gave yourself a gift, too. I had a similar string of "coincidences" when I made lap quilts for my dad and grandmother, both of whom passed within a year of receiving them. When my sister was battling alcoholism I almost lost touch with her, then decided to make her a quilt to let her know how much she meant to me. When she received it she finally called me (laughing!). She said she realized that she better get help because she had received "The Lap Quilt of Death". We renamed it "the lap quilt of hope", and have had a lot of laughs about how it broke the ice between us. So keep quilting, giving and loving.
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:36 PM

Keep right on sewing. Quilts bring nothing but love and joy. Hang on to the happy memories of making them all something that was a gift from you own heart. That thought will get you through whatever you face ahead. God bless you.
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:58 PM

Your quilts had nothing to do with the cancer. It is your quilts that will comfort them in this time of need.
    Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Thank you everyone! After Wednesday, I will be finished with school for the summer. I will quilt! I got the backing for my brothers quilt, I need to put on another border and it will be ready to quilt. As for my Aunts quilt, I have had a little trouble with some of the 729 2 1/2 inch squares that make up the quilt. I might have to replace a couple, then put a border on it and it will be ready to quilt.

Mom just told me today that she is expecting me to quilt. She wants a summer quilt. Dad needs one for Fathers Day! He might have to wait untill christmas!

Thank you so much for all your support. God Bless all of you!