Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What do you know about Hobby Lobby? >
  • What do you know about Hobby Lobby?

• What do you know about Hobby Lobby?

Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 PM

HL is a really nice store. I really like the fabric and is almost always on sale for 30%off. they have a good selection of fabric in both traditional and contempory 100%cotton. Lots of kids/novelity prints. Price is usually $8-9 with 30% off. They carry their own brand of notions (elastic,needles, ets) which is often 50%off. I buy my Hobb 80/20 batting there- queen size - $20 - 40% off coupon makes it a good deal ($12). They have their own brand of yarn (I love this yarn) which comes in many cute colors. They have great home decoration sections ( pic, Mirrors, statues ETC) which are often on sale for 50% off.. They also carry a better selection of crafts than Joanns. Also have large selection of seasonal decorations that are often on sale.

They only take 1 coupon a day and do not take other stores coupons. Also there is not a quick turn over of fabric so their fabric tends to stay the same.

Lucky you that they are coming to your town!!! Happy shopping!!!!!
    Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM

I do not have a Hobby Lobby nearby but when I visit my daughter, we make sure to go to Hobby Lobby. Neat stores!!!!
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM

Don't ever buy anything at full price -- it will all go on sale at some point, or use the 40% off coupon. Our Hobby Lobby offers great classes also. Check out can be painful if you are behind someone who has lots of little items but for the most part it is a great store.
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM

It's a great store! Fabric, notions, home decor, seasonal items, scrapbooking and other hobby type stuff. Furniture, garden, picture framing etc. just to name a few things. You will love it! They also have a 40% coupon online every week.
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:28 PM
    Power Poster

Most of their fabric is good quality and always 30% off. But you can also use the 40% off coupon instead of the 30% if you want. They do have a very small selection of batiks. They carry Dritz and Sew-ology notions.
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7
    Don't ever buy anything at full price -- it will all go on sale at some point, or use the 40% off coupon.
    That is so true-their sales cycle so if something isn't on sale wait a week or two and it probably will be. Also, if you have a smartphone you can use the coupon on that instead of printing it out. At the one here I've never seen much of a crowd so the checkout issues haven't been like others.
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:57 PM

I love their fabric, have used it in many quilts I've made. They have good sales and there is usually a 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper. You have to hunt for it, but it's there. They have a sale area in the sewing craft section and I have gotten some good buys there. I think you will like it.
    Old 03-25-2014, 02:07 PM

I don't buy much fabric there...it is a little out of my way and not crazy about the quality. I love to look at the decor and buy christmas stuff there and plates/napkins ...so much to see.
    Old 03-25-2014, 02:09 PM

I love our Hobby Lobby. Fabric is decent and they have a few sewing/quilting notions. I always use the 40% off coupon when I can, but the fabric is always 30% off & you can't use the coupon on sale items. Also, 50% off sales are on different areas each week. And there's lots of home decor & Holiday decor. You'll love it.
    Old 03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
    Administrator

i'm closing this thread because there were too many members who could not stay on topic.

i hope Valerie Ann got the information she asked for before others tried to hijack her thread.