Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What do you like best about your embroidery machine? >
  • What do you like best about your embroidery machine?

• What do you like best about your embroidery machine?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Trying to decide which embroidery machine to purchase. Any idea will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot ya'll!!!
    Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM

I have the Janome 350E. I love being able to personalize towels, table runners, making my own quilt labels, getting cd's and making Maxine tea towels. I like knowing that when I make something it is unique,not a copy. It has a low bobbin warning and thread cutter. If a thread breaks, can easily back the stitches up to before the spot so there aren't any gaps. It is very user friendly, uses up to 5x7" hoop.
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM

I have the Viking Designer Topaz 20, but if I had the money and DH's ok, I would get the Ruby. The Topaz 20 is my first embroidery machine, so I'm happy to have it. It came with the 120 x 120 mm and 260 x 200 mm hoops. Hope this helps.
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM

I have the Brother SE270D (Disney) and the Brother PE700II. The 270D is only a 4x4 but it's also a combo machine and sews great!! The PE700II is embroidery only but has a 5x7 embroidery area. The 270D uses a memory card and you need the PED Basic software. The 700II has a USB connection straight from computer. No extra softare needed to transfer designs.

One thing if I could afford it would be to get one with a larger embroidery area, but then the price starts going up dramatically.

That being said, I love BOTH of my machines. They are both refurbished so I saved about $100 on each.
    Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 AM

Husqvarna Viking SE which they don't make anymore but you can get second hand...Better then the newer models...I bought it since the software Professional 4D and 5D enable me to scan a photo and then stitch out...I did a family history quilt going back to the 1800's using photos of family members from that era all stitched out and it's gorgeous....So that's the main reason I bought that machine due to it's capabilities...Also if you have artistic abilities you can draw something into a special pad and transform that into stitches...on and on...more then I can list
    Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 AM

I own a Duetta 4500D Brother, has 4 different size hoops, uses both cards (old) and a flash drive (new). Love the flashdrive ability as you can load a tremendious amount of patterns on it...My Brother uses PES format which if available everywhere. Yes it has Disney patterns but to be honest with you have not used them that much. Also love the fact that my machine clips the jumps and at the end of each run. Love, love, love my Brother