Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What do you make with your embroidery machine? >
  • What do you make with your embroidery machine?

• What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:58 AM

You all are so creative and inspiring!!! Love all the pictures and the comments. Keep them coming! Thanks!
    Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
    Originally Posted by sewgray
    I wanted to put this in the first post but I was away from my computer and didn't have access to my pictures, I've done a lot of different things with my machine and I think I may have posted them before but here they are again. Be forwarned this a whole new addiction.
    Love the Christmas pillow. What design did you use to get the 3-D affect?
    They are like a machine applique, two layers, and I can't remember where I got them. But I think Linda Macghee has something similar on her sight.
    Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM

jmangmom, your quilt is just gorgeous. I don't think I could ever get all those designs in the right place.
    Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 PM

I have a Baby Lock Ellisimo, that is both a embroidery machine and sewing machine. I don't use it much for anything other than embroidery. I have two other machines, one is a Baby Lock Quilter quest and I use that for all my other sewing in the house. Then I have my Baby lock Decorator's choice that I take to all my classes. I keep that one in the car at all times until we are taking some one with us than I take it out.
    what do I use my embroidery machine for, I do a lot of tote bags for myself and friends, also do towels, and Embroidery Aprons. I made Embroidered Aprons for everyone in the family for Xmas. Have also made a lot of Tote bags and put their names on them. I know a lot of people that do their blocks for their quilts on the embroidery machine. I will tell you if you buy one, go to your dealer alot for help, for you will need it until you figure it out.
    My baby lock is very user friendly, and it is pretty pricy also, but I have had it a little over a year and I take the bobbin apart and clean it, so far it has worked like a champ, I love it. Have a lot of friends who also embroider, they help me if I have a question or problem. Also found that the prewound bobbins work for all the embroidery machines, but will not work for regular sewing machines, for the thread is a lot thinner and will not work.

One thing about this site, there is always someone who can help you. I am always open if you want to PM me.
    Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 PM

My suggestion is to buy the best embroidery machine you can afford, and make sure to go to a good dealer to do that, for they are the ones that can help you get started. If you go to a dealer and he/she doesn't want to give you the help, find another one that will. Also check out the prices in more than one dealer. I found a dealer that also has classes on some of the various things you need to know about the machine, how to do embroidery as well as how to work some of the various things on your machine. Reading a book doesn't always cut it. I think most of the time the machines are made in a foreign country, that translates the info into English or what ever and sometimes things get lost in the translation.
    Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM

I just got mine a few months ago; it's a Viking Ruby. I too am not using it as much as I planned but have lots of designs and plans. I belong to the machine embroidery club where I bought it (free since I bought it there) and tomorrow night I learn how to use the cut work needles, very excited about that. Last month we made a coin purse w/zipper in the hoop, that I use every day at work. Making bibs for my granddaughter's first b-day on the 26th of Feb and have downloaded designs for a Sashiko (not spelled right, sorry) quilt. I think if you check out some of the projects that can be done on some of the sites like emblibrary.com you might decide if you want one or not. I see all of the projects and I have so many things that I want to do but not enough time to get them all done.
    Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM

I like to embroider on toilet paper and do fsl angels. The angels I send in cards for birthdays, Christmas, get well, anniversaries, thinking of you, etc. I also take some to the cancer center and to the hospital cancer ward. Maybe that will brighten someones day knowing that someone is thinking of them.
    Attached Thumbnails blc-fsl-miniangel01-blc.jpg   mini-butterfly.jpg   blc-fsl-minicancerangel-ls.jpg   mini-cross.jpg   blc-fsl-minirosebudangel-ls.jpg  

Old 02-19-2012, 03:34 PM

I have a Brother 2001 and 2003 ULT embroidery / sewing machine. I just use it for embroidery. I do free standing lace ornaments, & etc. Have made tree skirts with embr. designs. do a lot of Red Work with it. I have a Pfaff 1473 regular sewing machine and the way I have mine set up I can sew on regular machine and have embroidery machine going at the same time. I just like to be near embr. machine when I am using it because sometimes the thread can get caught and there goes a needle. I go in spells with embroidery work.
    Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM

I use Isacord and buy from Sewforless.com when they have a sale.
    I want to make quilt labels, can anyone suggest user friendly one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Is that too much to ask?
    Neenee
    Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM

I love this thread!!! I have two Embroidery machines Bernina 180 & bernina 630. They have both paid for them selves by Embroidering for customers.

Towels(dozens and dozens), wash cloths, bibs, sheets, pillowcases, quilt blocks, quilts, personalised bags, swimming bags, toilet bags, shoe bags, laundry bags,pencilcases, tin whistle cases, coats, teeshirts, quilt labels.....

What hasn't been embroidered?

I've also made dozens of handmade gifts saving me loads of money! Have had my first machine 11 years.

I never buy designs I always use free ones.