Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • what do you wear? >
  • what do you wear?

• what do you wear?

Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 AM

If you are in the privacy of your own home, I wear what I think is most comfortable. I definetly don't wear a bra! I like oversized te-shirts and leggings.
    Old 10-26-2010, 01:46 AM

Ditto on what you said. I have my gown on and it is 5:45 a.m. if I didn't have to go to the post office today I would turn around and sew the binding on the quilt top that is crying out for me to pay some attention to her.
    Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 AM

As I was enjoying reading through this thread, I thought of something I hadn't thought of in years. So I googled to find it and here is an excerpt. “THE GOOD WIFE'S GUIDE” featuring an excerpted article from Housekeeping Monthly - May 13, 1955. If you want to read it all I put a link at the bottom. Be ready for a good laugh, and be sure to put a nice ribbon in your hair before DH comes home from work!

* Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
    * Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

[url]http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm[url]
    Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 AM

Tell your kids to mind their own business. You're old enough to wear whatever "YOU" want to wear. Besides, you are still THE MOM! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 10-26-2010, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by cookiedal1
    As I was enjoying reading through this thread, I thought of something I hadn't thought of in years. So I googled to find it and here is an excerpt. “THE GOOD WIFE'S GUIDE” featuring an excerpted article from Housekeeping Monthly - May 13, 1955. If you want to read it all I put a link at the bottom. Be ready for a good laugh, and be sure to put a nice ribbon in your hair before DH comes home from work!

* Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
    * Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

[url]http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm[url]
    OMG..I remember that one also..laughed for days !!!!!

In my house, it's comfort all the way. I went to my exercise class yesterday morning and looked around and noticed how some of the ladies had their make-up on for a 10AM exercise class........wow, I would probably have the lipstick smeared from one side to the other...but I really do envy them. I just can't be bothered that early in the morning...besides it shows the wrinkles more with the make-up than without it.

Hey Tru, need to use those bananas more often.....right?
    Old 10-26-2010, 03:21 AM

Pretty much the same. Raggy old sweats and a tee shirt. Long sleeve in winter, short in summer. I either wear socks or my slippers to keep my feet warm as I am in the basement.
    Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 AM

My DH and I have been remodeling our house, so there's hardly any clothes I own that don't have paint or caulk on them! Caulk is the "C" word around this house! When I do have a chance to sew I love to wear my old jeans and a Tshirt and sometimes an apron over that that I have my scissors, tape measure, stuff like that put in the pockets so I don't have to continually search for where I layed them down last.
    Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
    shorts and t-shirt year round. And sometimes I just crawl out of bed in my nightie and go sew!
    Thats my idea of comfort! My night gown and duster.
    no one is coming that early in the morning. I do get dressed in old split skirt and tee shirt later in he day.
    Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 AM

Yeah- I'd rather sew in my pj's. My grandparents used to say I was in my "gut". Mostly I wear jeans, but they can be uncomfortable as the waist gets tighter when I'm seated. Yeah, middle age!
    Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
    shorts and t-shirt year round. And sometimes I just crawl out of bed in my nightie and go sew!
    I agree about this.