Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around? >
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

• What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:37 PM

My family all want quilts constantly. When my oldest GS was 6 he had pneumonia. I went to sit with him and he was on the couch with all the quilts in the house. I asked if he was cold and he said---No Grandma...I have the ammonia again. I have all the quilts cause i need all the love you quilt in to get well!!

I always tell the kids I think of them and how much love I have for them when I quilt...and they all love them.
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 AM
    Power Poster

Oh schuffle...that is so sweet!
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM

Schuffle, that is so cute & it reminds me of when my son was little around 4 years old. My mom had a scrap quilt made by my grandma. It was nothing fancy (just simple squares), but it had a silky fabric for the backing. When one of my kids would get sick my Mom would bring that quilt to help them get well. I think if they had a fever that silky fabric felt cool to their skin. Anyway, my son Logan asked me one time to put love in the laundry. It turns out he had ask my Mom why it smelled so good and she told him she had put love in the wash just for him. It was Downy fabric softner. Now he's 25 & has said that he would like to be left that quilt. I have the quilt now and when he gets married or settled down he will definitely get that quilt. Quilts are love!

Originally Posted by schuffle
    My family all want quilts constantly. When my oldest GS was 6 he had pneumonia. I went to sit with him and he was on the couch with all the quilts in the house. I asked if he was cold and he said---No Grandma...I have the ammonia again. I have all the quilts cause i need all the love you quilt in to get well!!

I always tell the kids I think of them and how much love I have for them when I quilt...and they all love them.
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 AM

I always pray for the one I am making the quilt while I am sewing or tying the quilt. I pray a blessing and God's love to the person. But I really like the story of the "love quilt"--that was inspiring to me.
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 AM

They probably wish I would give them one of mine, but, if no interest is shown to me, then how would I know they would want one, right? I think it's nice to hear comments like these two men made!
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Critiicises my mess, but praises the results, and frowns when
    I come home with more fabric.
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM

My DF thinks that my quilts are just wonderful. I made a tracks along the trail for him, and he shows it to everyone that comes in the door. They have several of my quilts and are proud of them all
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM

I took my DH on a quilt show this weekend and he tells all the ladies that my quilt are much better, is a great conplement coming from some one that I don't spend that much time with on the weekend, saturday's is quilting day for me most of the time I don't get home until after 5:oo
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM
    Banned

Not too very long ago I overheard my youngest daughter (14 years old) telling her friend who was here for a sleepover about every quilt I ever made for her and why each was special to her. I have to tell you, even though my whole family is positive and supportive of my quilting, that was a very special moment that I will always cherish. :D :D
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
    Power Poster

Suzanne...thats exactly what I love to hear...its great isn't it??