Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around? >
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

• What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 AM

My DGS age 6 was with me in Joanns and said"Grandma, when are you going to make me a quilt?"I said I did make you one when you were a baby, but I suppose that you would like a bigger one now, but it won't be for a while because Gramma has some quilts I have to do first. h
    H e proceeded to tell me as we went through the store every fabric he liked and wanted in his quilt. Anything and everything! It was really cute, but I'm thinking that letting pick out fabrics would be a challenge to put together!
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM

My hubby thinks it's great....he's so proud of everything I make. I only have one granddaughter who appreciates my quilting. And, she thinks I should be making "her" quilts 24/7/365. I barely get one done that she doesn't come up with another one. :) I DO have other non-kinfolks who are wanting one of my quilts, too.
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 AM

I am wondering WHY they just can't compliment you to your face so you could know that they REALLY admire and appreciate the work. I just know by their asking me to "make something for a gift for so-n-so"! Well then, there's no getting a big head in my house!
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM

My DH is a woodworker. We have a great relationship. He creates things to display and store all the quilts I make! When we travel, he locates quilt shops and I keep my eyes open for places to purchase the antique hand tools he uses!
    Old 05-01-2011, 12:40 PM

My BF is my biggest fan and enabler along with my Mother. I am only on my second quilt (first one was mine) for DD #1 then DS and then DD#2. So I have plenty to do, but the BF is constantly asking when we are going fabric shopping, he loves chosing them in fact DS's quilt has more than enough fabric purchased I could make 2 full quilts! I always have several projects (quilting, cross stitch, reading) in the works.
    Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 PM

"My Mom took Prozac for years, but since she started quilting her mood swings are soothed by rubbing cotton. Cotton is more expensive, but Prozac never provided her family and friends with beautiful pieces of artwork and bedcovers and it doesn't provide her that little extra income that she uses to buy more cotton and quilting thingys"
    This quote was posted on the Facebook Page of my 40 year old son who is always willing to drive me around to quilt crawls. He loves the attention he gets when all the salespeople fawn over him, telling him what a good son he is for wheeling me around LOL - not completely disabled, but I travel with a wheelchair because I can't walk long distances.
    Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Mine thinks I'm off my rocker some times as he does not quite understand the need for a stash. Oh well, I don't understand the need for 50+ screwdrivers either.
    Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 PM

My DD volunteers me to make quilts for others & not always family members.
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by craftoholic
    I"m sure mine think I"m nuts.. but they con't to ask for this or that for me to make... LOL
    My exact first thought I'm sure mine think I'm plain nuts! oh Well theirs and others thoughts can't hurt me,so I don't really worry about it.
    Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm not sure what my family says when I'm not around, but last week after our quilt guild meeting my sister-in-law and I went to lunch. We over-heard two men sitting behind us and one man was telling the other about his wife's quilting. He sounded so proud of her. I wish I knew her and could pass it along. He did mention that she had a quilt guild meeting that morning, surely must have been someone in our group. It was really neat to hear.