Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around? >
  • What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

• What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

Old 05-01-2011, 03:40 PM

My whole family brags about my quilting. My dh just beams when he talks of my quilting to others.
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Oh Patty.....my ears burn with what they say!!! They think I spend too much time in the sewing room!!! My oldest daughter says "we don't see her any more....she lives in the sewing room with her machines!" Hahaha!!!
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:33 PM

My family always praise my quilts. For me that is the best that it gets
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM

My DSIL is of course supportive since we are learning together. My mother likes to sew and has done many different kinds of crafts, so she is supportive and is placing her orders for what she wants to birthday and mother's day gifts. My DB is relatively silent, but I like to think that he's silently supportive of me and his wife. My youngest niece loves to spread out on newly completed quilt tops. My sis and her girls are less supportive, even though they also like crafts and sometimes like to sew. She comments "Why do you only do the quilt tops? Why haven't you finished any of them?" My DSIL and I dream of getting a frame and long arm, so for now we learn and sew and accumulate quilt tops with no guilt. When we need a gift, then we worry about finishing that quilt.
    Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Please be sure you somehow get in contact with the wife/mom whose men said such great things about her works of art. Such lovely comments would make a quilter's day! And what quilter wouldn't enjoy having another ask about her projects.
    Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM

My DH is very supportive of my passion. I recently finished a quilt that his mother started before she passed away. He even told his brothers about it and bragged on how beautiful it was. I put it in a show and for the first time, he went to the show. He was amazed at the beauty of the quilts. I guess you could say that it's all good things comming from my family.
    Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM

My OS is very supportive, She got me into quilting in the first place. DD and DGD say "that's nice" if they come over when I'm sewing. YS says she likes what I'm doing, except she keeps coming up with all these other non quilting projects for me to do. Haven't figured out if that means I sew pretty good or she doesn't care for my taste in quilt patterns.
    Old 05-01-2011, 05:19 PM

My husband is proud of my quilting. Never complains about money for fabric, and loves all my quilts. Both daughters want every quilt I make. Grand-daughter says "Have no room for more quilts", but asks me to make baby quilts for her friends! I use my hot-tub lid to cut, and hubby moans about never getting in because of projects in progress, but it's kind of a joke. I am very blessed. I got tendonitis a few months ago, from holding long ruler to cut, and my husband did all my cutting for 2 months! I AM blessed!
    Old 05-01-2011, 05:19 PM

My husband is proud of my quilting. Never complains about money for fabric, and loves all my quilts. Both daughters want every quilt I make. Grand-daughter says "Have no room for more quilts", but asks me to make baby quilts for her friends! I use my hot-tub lid to cut, and hubby moans about never getting in because of projects in progress, but it's kind of a joke. I am very blessed. I got tendonitis a few months ago, from holding long ruler to cut, and my husband did all my cutting for 2 months! I AM blessed!
    Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
    Dee

My DH, DS and DIL are very supportive. I hear remarks-what more fabric? or no, we are not stopping at the fabric shop, as we'll be there all day. But, I really don't care, as their the first ones to hint for a quilt.