Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What embroidery machine do you have? >
  • What embroidery machine do you have?

• What embroidery machine do you have?

Old 10-15-2011, 07:11 AM

You could get a brother 770 or 780D those run about 600 and many are happy with them, very user friendly
    Old 10-15-2011, 07:19 AM

I have a Viking Designer SE LE. It's been discontinued but sometimes the dealer will have a trade in. I bought mine on a trads. NOte: With the Vikings, if you buy from a dealer, you get the rest of the 20 year warranty. You don't if you buy from an individual. I don't know how this works with others.
    Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
    Power Poster

I have a Bernina 185 that I love now that I have learned to use it. I got it for Christmas in 2005. I was doing travel nursing which meant that I was in a different place every 13 weeks so I traveled light and I had little time to sew. Now that I am retired I really love my machine.
    Hope you find one you like. Try as many as you can before buying...
    Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 AM

I have two. A BErnina I purchased aobut twenty years ago and a new Brother. Both use the same PES format. The Bernina was actually made with a Brother patent so they are compatable. The first machine used little cards and I have several thousand dollars wrapped up in them as they usually ran about $100 a piece. I needed another machihe that would use the same format and the little cards. The new Brother uses both the little cards and a usb port that allows me to load in other designs. I had a Magic Box that allowed me to convert designs or load them on my old machine. Unfortuneatly I can not use it on my newer computer as it has not enough ports to load the Magic Box onto the computer.
    What ever you purchase make sure it has the USB loading capacity. That will allow you to download lots of free stuff off of the internet and transfer them to your machine.
    I prefer the stand alone embroidery machine like both of mine because I can be sewing on my sewing machine while the embroidery machine is doing it's thing.
    Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 AM

I have an expensive Husqvarna which I enjoy very much but then I have a $300 Janome that I use more often. My Janome is light and simple to work with. Go to the nearest sewing machine store and let the salesperson show you the different price levels. There are also refurbised embroidery sewing machines and carry a years guarntee. Good luck and let us know what you buy.
    Old 10-15-2011, 08:21 AM

I have had a Husqvarna Viking Scandinavia 300 for more than five years. I, too, only wanted to make labels and monograms, but once you get going....that isn't enough. Mine only does 100mmx100mm (4x4) or 100x170 (Plus Hoop) and machine does a great job. If I could afford it, I would like to trade for one with larger hoops. In the meantime, I'll be satisfied and work the machine to death. Have fun deciding.
    Old 10-15-2011, 08:34 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 and love it. Works great for piecing and does lovely embroidery.
    Jenny
    Old 10-15-2011, 09:03 AM

I have the Janome mc 10001,Really a nice machine.The price is really coming down as it is the older and retired model.If you could get one with the v3 mb software for a good price.Have fun finding one and take your time.
    Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 AM

don't go just on price see how big a hoop you can get & the cost of repairs & maintance and classes I have a Memory craft by New home & a designer 1 enjoy them both & I have been doing embroidery work for over 15 years
    Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 AM

I just received my new Singer Futura SES 1000. I bought it from Home Shopping Network and paid around $700 for it. It can be purchased via the internet and bought on 4 Installment payment if you prefer. I am so excited to read the instructions book and get started using my new machine!