Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is EQ? >
  • What is EQ?

• What is EQ?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Default What is EQ?

I've seen it posted and know it's a software program but that's about it. What does it do? What's the cost and is it worth it?
    Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
    Power Poster

I have EQ7 It is program for designing quilts. Check it out on their sight you will be surprised what all it can do!!!!
    Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
    Power Poster

It's quite an elaborate software program that allows you to create your own quilt designs and/or use their built-in block patterns to create quilts. There is a *lot* you can do with it, but it comes with a pretty steep learning curve. Some people take to immediately; others never get the hang of it. Cost usually runs $150 to $190 depending on whether you can find it on sale or not. Whether it is worth it to you depends on whether or not you actually learn how to use it. Some people do; some don't.
    Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    It's quite an elaborate software program that allows you to create your own quilt designs and/or use their built-in block patterns to create quilts. There is a *lot* you can do with it, but it comes with a pretty steep learning curve. Some people take to immediately; others never get the hang of it. Cost usually runs $150 to $190 depending on whether you can find it on sale or not. Whether it is worth it to you depends on whether or not you actually learn how to use it. Some people do; some don't.
    I have it. I NEVER use it. If you are not computer savvy....and I consider myself somewhat....then don't bother with it. I ind myself playing with the beginner program Quilt wizard by EQ. The learning curve is steep and i have to relearn all over. I dont need to be a "designer". Plenty of patterns available .
    Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 AM

Since no one seems to have provided it - electricquilt.com is the site.
    I love it, but agree it does have a bit of a steep learning curve. There are things I still haven't figured out how to do, but I love to design quilts, and it's great for trying different colours, different block arrangements, and figuring out fabric yardage needed.
    Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 AM

EQ7 is my Christmas present to myself this year. I hope I get to know the software quickly. I'll be using Ronda's tutorials to get started.
    Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 AM
    Banned

It's the best thing since sliced bread! I taught myself how to use EQ by redrawing every purchased pattern I wanted to make, and I still do that today. If they made any errors in their pattern, I don't worry about it because I follow the duplicate I made in EQ. I design most of my quilts and just can't imagine doing so without EQ. I think it's around $250 MSRP, but you can get good sales on it.
    Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Is EQ Mac friendly?
    Old 12-11-2012, 06:09 AM
    Power Poster

I love the import and trace feature. It has saved me many times the cost of the program.
    Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM

I second that ?. I have a Mac and have been wondering if it is Mac friendly also.