Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is everyone working on now? >
  • What is everyone working on now?

• What is everyone working on now?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM

I'm trying to detail a large quilt for my DGD for her birthday. Glad I started early!! I really dislike the top, but it was made in a class for techniques and I did learn a lot. I was going to bury it, but DGD likes it so I'm detailing the backing which is a natural sea turtle fabric and is really pretty!! At least she can use the back! I even have enough backing left over to make her a matching pillow!
    Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM

I have an x's and o's in progress that I am quilting both machine (in the ditch) and by hand. Also, have "Summer In the Park" laid out on the floor and am putting the blocks together - have 2 of 20 blocks (there are 4, 8" blocks in each of the 20 blocks) done. Also, in the "Project 3" container the "Piece Out" quilt with the material cut is ready to start piecing it. Otherwise, I am looking at the Quilting Board, can't miss a day of that.
    Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 PM

I'm making a baby quilt, double Irish chain. I'm using two fabrics--white muslin and a pink/blue pastel cabbage rose floral. It's going to be sweet. It's for my doctor--she's having a girl in July.
    Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM

I'm working on a Civil War quilt for my oldest grandson. I will be putting it to the side and start work on a kit I picked up from my LQS plus a couple more blocks from LQS. I also have a pattern waiting for my only granddaughter and a Christmas quilt for my youngest daughter. Looking for ideas for my oldest daughter and son. Also have pattern and fabric for a quilt for myself.
    Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 PM

I'm working on a card trick pattern. This is my first quilt and its not coming out perfectly but I am learning as I go. I am an untrained "newbie", so I'm doing a lot of learning from you guys here on the QB. I don"t know if I will ever be as good as some of you but I am having fun trying to get better. Thanks for all the good (and practical) tips. I feel like I have met a whole set of new friends.
    Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM

I'm here in MN we have a snowday today so no work-get to stay home and work on my quilts-horray!!!!!!!!!!! I'm working on a 10x10 squares with 2 1/2 inch sash between the squares, the colors are teal, black, grey and white squares with gold for the sash and a 4 inch strip of white and 4 inch strip of black all around the quilt. I want to use plaine grey for the back. Got as far as putting the batting inside-that's enough for today. Back to work on Friday.
    Old 04-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Appliqued ladybug quilt for my 3y/o GD and a chevron for my nephew's (who will graduate from high school next year) graduation present in green cammo and solid khaki fabric. The ladybug is almost done and I'm just getting started cutting out the chevron.
    Old 04-12-2013, 03:50 AM

I have two lap quilts almost finished. Just glued the binding to the back this morning so I can start hand-stitching tonight while watching Blue Bloods. Pieced the backing for the second so I can rent the LA machine at my LQS on April 26th.
    Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 AM

I have one on my bed that someone made me ten or more years ago and I love that pattern. It is on my bucket list.
    Would love to see your colors when you are done. [

QUOTE=PattR;5994318]I'm working on a card trick pattern. This is my first quilt and its not coming out perfectly but I am learning as I go. I am an untrained "newbie", so I'm doing a lot of learning from you guys here on the QB. I don"t know if I will ever be as good as some of you but I am having fun trying to get better. Thanks for all the good (and practical) tips. I feel like I have met a whole set of new friends.[/QUOTE]
    Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM

Working on piecing a postage stamp quilt and a scrappy star quilt . Have been hand quilting a whole cloth quilt and a Connecting Threads kit quilt. I usually don't juggle these many projects at a time but the postage stamp and the whole cloth are boring and tedious, that having the other two to switch off to, helps break up the monotony.