Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is everyone working on? >
  • What is everyone working on?

• What is everyone working on?

Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 AM

I am sewing up the binding on a quilt (pinwheel pattern in blue and white) I am making for my brother in law, then I have an orange one (Sampler) for my sister in law to start on next and then one for my niece in orange and pink, haven't decided on the pattern for that one. That should take me through the end of April, if I don't cook, clean or wash dishes or clothes!!!!!! What else is there to do in cold weather, eh? We have a -26 windchill right now. I don't even care about the mean temperature. I just want what my body wants to feel - warm!!!!! Edie
    Old 02-10-2014, 04:49 AM

Too busy packing to move to sew much...did make block two for my Globetrotting quilt that Pat Sloan is leading every month.
    Old 02-10-2014, 05:21 AM

I'm working on an "off-center" Blue Ridge Beauty to use up some 2.5" scraps. The "centered" pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's Adventures with Leaders & Enders book.

I have everything cut out and the first two rows sewn together.
    Attached Thumbnails first-two-rows.jpg  
    Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

hahaha was cleaning closets and and am finding stupid, useless stuff. trash day is gonna look like moving day! I'm putting a dresser on the curb too! spring cleaning has begun. JUST AS SOON AS I HAVE 1 MORE CUP OF COFFEE AND READ A FEW MORE POSTS HERE! HA HA

Originally Posted by spstout
    Cleaning out and taking over the basement for my own space! Until now, it was the den/entertainment room for my kids who are now both in college. I cannot believe the amount of stuff that has built up. Today I found a note card with the phone number of my parent's beach house. They sold that place about eight years ago!
    Old 02-10-2014, 06:27 AM

I'm involved in 3 online sew alongs while finishing up UFOs in various stages. The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is helping me empty my string bin.
    Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 AM

I'm making TWO softcover alphabet books for our two grandsons. I think I am having more fun making them than they will playing with them. Picking out the fabrics from my stash is like Christmas all over again. The umbrella has rip stop nylon, the jeans are denim, the quilt is actually pieced, sandwiched, quilted and bound with a label that reads, "Nana, made it for me", the frogs belly is Minki, etc. So far I have 12 blocks done for each (24 total), so only 28 more appliques to go!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461538[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails start-softcover-book.jpg  
    Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 AM

I just finished a dozen cat cage blankets for the clinic where my godson's stepdaugter works and am close to finishing hand-stitching the binding on my guild's focus fabric challenge quilt. We're a small guild and only twelve of us did blocks. I didn't care for the focus fabric but when the blocks were laid out and sashed I was pleasantly surprised. Also working on a sample from a MSQ tutorial "Five & Dime". I'm making a mini-version to see if I like it enough to do one with full size blocks. AND I'm waiting for no more snow in the forecast. I know I have a lot of company on that one.
    Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 AM

I am just finishing up a Jelly Roll Race Quilt with applique flowers for my GD.
    Old 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM
    Power Poster

Good morning! I am still snipping on a flannel rag quilt... my first and possibly last! I hate all that snipping! I also have an Irish Chain baby quilt in the process of quilting, and a Boxed Squares baby quilt all cut out and ready to start piecing. Just finished a large crocheted blanket and am working on a scarf with little granny squares in the middle, then double crochet zig zag rows around them. We won't even talk about all my knitting UFOs....

We are supposed to get an ice storm tonight. It's already raining, but the temps are still just above freezing. If there's ice, I won't be going to work tomorrow and will have another day to sew!
    Old 02-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Emiliasnana, love the soft books! Is there a pattern or self-designed?