Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >
  • What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

• What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM

But you do live in paradise. I have found that any nook in my house is fair game for my quilting stuff and that scrappy quilts are a delight. I too, dream of all the quilts I am inspired by on this board. Most of all it is getting to know those that have the same interests - the quilting board is far better than facebook.
    Originally Posted by Baloonatic
    I used to have a life...

I used to go to work and bring home the groceries. Now I spend all my money on fabric.

I used to have beautiful, well-behaved children. I haven't seen them lately, I think they grew up and moved away but I'm not really sure.

I used to dust and do laundry, and kept a lovely home. Now I only dust where I need to stack more fabric. Saves SO much time!

I used to make great meals for my family. Now Meals-On-Wheels saves me so much time better spent on this Board!

Now, now I sit staring at this screen all day, feeling inspired by all the beautiful projects the Board members are creating. I imagine all the quilts I'm going to make... if I still had a job to earn the money to buy fabric, and if I hadn't sold my sewing studio furniture to pay for my internet service!

LOL!
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM

I used to read at night, now I surf the Quilting Board- hee hee. I have found so many easy quilt patterns and fun websites on this board. I don't think I do anything too differently at far as quiling techniques, I guess I am pretty set in my ways. I can't really learn something unless I have a live person showing me for the most part, especially if it is a complicated thing. I really enjoy the community and the moral support.

Mom and I used the ruler folding technique to refold and organize all of our fabric (we sort of share a stash).
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

ok, I too will try to give a short version. I have always been a "shoot from the hip" kinda girl; just felt that life is too short to be fake. that being said; the watchful eye of the moderators here have made me realize that sometimes it is enough to "play nice". Just because I have an opinion on something, or because my way would surely have been better (insert sarcasm here) lol, does't mean I have to voice it harshly. And I now actually think before I speak (most of the time)both online and off, and when I don't . . . I delete my rant when possible hopefully before it causes contraversy or hurt feelings. I am not a great quilter and absolutely love and value all the tips, advise, pictures and help and friendly feeling I have found here
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM

So much that you would have to read all day after I typed all day. Love this board!!:)
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Wow, how in the world did you lurk for 3 years! :shock: I lurked for 5 minutes before joining! :lol: I'm glad you joined anyway, I love posting with you. :thumbup:

What I have learned from the QB is that quilters all over the world are just as friendly and helpful as they are locally. I cannot imagine not being a part of the QB now.
    ditto :thumbup:
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Too many to list because it seems like everyday I learn something new. I'm a self-taught quilter so this board has been a valuable resource.
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM

As I read what everyone has learned I realize that I have much more to learn. Like what is Glue Basting?
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:47 PM

What is mole skin?
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:49 PM

I joined the board a few months after I started quilting so a good percentage of how I quilt came from this board.
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM

I've learned to slow down and enjoy the process more. I am goal oriented and often don't get things done correctly because I'm trying to get to the end. Now I'm trying to focus on the moment and see each step as the goal! Also that there is an answer for anything I need to know and it's usually on this board. Don't even have to ask the question, just read through the posts!