Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >
  • What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

• What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 AM

lots of little tricks and patience with my mistakes!
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 AM

My stressing over FMQ has eased since becoming a member of this board.
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:33 AM

All of the above and then so much more. I delved into paper piecing, appliques, and art quilts... all because of this board. :-D
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
    I have learned a lot of new things, been reminded of some old knowledge, learned new tricks, discovered templets, The greatest change for me? Everything does not have to be perfict! I have learned to stand up for the way I make my quilts. The Quilt Police do not bother me anymore. The last one I ran into was during a class and down right rude! So I told her I was very glad that she knew so much about the pattern and how it should be done , asked to see her verson, (she had never done it) and told her since my quilt is so "dredful" ,her word, she did't have to look at it. Shocked the rest of the group, and the instructer, but she shut up and did't critize anyone elses project. Made some new friends that day. The instructer smiled and said I was doing great,(I think she ment the quilt)LOL
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 AM

Well, the first thing is my to-do list got much longer!
    The term Cozy Quilter-fits so well b/c my quilts aren't perfect and don't have to be.
    New friends- some I've met and some I haven't yet.
    More info than I could possibly retain-about life, quilting techniques and people in general.
    I could show you the ugliest quilt in the world and there would be positive comments on it.
    This board rocks and I never want to leave!!!
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 AM

I am like Yooper32 except I moved from WV to the swamp here in North Carolina! Also I have been recently diagnosed with back problems which keep my exercising to a minimum. That is small potatoes because, thanks to the board, I am learning so much and oh, so many patterns! Who knew about disappearing 9 patches and I sure wasn't able to make just one potato chip quilt! No more looking over my shoulder for the Quilt Police either.
    SO, I refuse to get down when I can plug into my support group here on the QB! If the amazing people on this board were in charge of things, one wonders how many of the world's problems could be solved? Food for Thought! Thanks to every one here just for quilting and making the world a better place.
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 AM

OH BOY, Still haven't finished putting my sewing cabinet together so only thing different is MORE time on the computer reading the Quilting Board...LOL
    Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 AM

The first thing I did when I read this post was get a pencil & paper. I didn't get very far when I realized that I have learned more from all of you then any quilt book, class or head shrink, to keep my sanity. I agree with all the post above. If you only knew how much your words have help support & inspire me. Now that I know there are no Quilting Police I can get my UFO's out of hiding. :thumbup: Thanks everyone on QB.
    Old 09-22-2011, 04:40 AM

I was new to quilting and so everything that I've have learned here has gone into my quilting. The main thing that has changed for me is that I went from sewing on the kitchen table, to a card table in my son's old room to now a full fledged sewing room. I sold my son's old bed. It's a small room and I thought getting the bed out would give me so much more room. HA...I just bought more stuff to fill it up.
    Old 09-22-2011, 04:43 AM

Where to start?? Golly, my mind is a blank. Before I came, I didn't have a clue about OBW's or kelidescopes. Nor did I know what Dear Jane was. I had never seen a disappearing nine patch. And, the tutorials on all the easy ways to do things are simply amazing. But, the best thing that I've learned is how wonderful it is to have a quilting community in my own home!