Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages! >
  • What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

• What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Lots of fabric and a Feather Weight. A bonus was being part of the "Pay it Forward" game. I have been so inspired through all of you guys. I can't wait to see what new quilt someone makes that I just have to bookmark for later
    Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Fabric, patterns and a quilt with more pieces than anything I've done before. It is a work in progress, but it is coming along. Putting is aside for the fall runner swap. I love all the ideas, encouragement and friendly people. This is all priceless.
    Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 AM

I saw a quilt block on here and I have become dead on in repeating it as closely as I can. I even called the store in NY where the lady bought her material. Her message site has sooooo many compliments that it has only made me more determined to make this quilt. I consider it a wonderful compliment to her and I think she said this was her first quilt. OMG, I have to make it. I already have the black and yellow. Now, am trying to get the red/burgandy. Do you know the block I am talking about. Gorgeous!!!!!
    Old 07-08-2010, 04:07 AM

I have only been here a short time, since April, but I have gained so much!New friends is first on the list, you all are wonderful, and give so much support. I have also added to my collection of fabric, alot! I love trading fabric, I have "met" so many wonderful people! I have also made a D9P, never knew what it was until I came here,also finished my version of a Gees Bend quilt, and am almost 1/2 way done with my halloween quilt. I cant wait to do The Farmers Wife quilt either!Also, quilting stencils, chocolate (got to have a lil in the sewing room)and patterns!
    Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 AM

Well I have made so many new friends,Just yesterday I walked into Betsys Quilts here in Antlers,I was greeted by Hi Jo, the lady at the cash register turned and said Hey Jo I am Casey, I had met her here on the board, She was lovley.
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 AM

I bought the Hickory Nut templates and a Jinny Beyer kit. I have saved more ideas than I will ever have time to make, but mostly I have laughed and cried and prayed with a huge group of "family". I have had the opportunity to share my stash with others. Thanks to all of you for your support, your willingness to share your ups and downs, your funny moments, and your work.
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 AM

Hi, I made this carpenter's star quilt, from Danmar's pattern on the board, only I enlarged the pieces so it would be a little easier to hand quilt... Love the pattern, Thanks Danmar :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-80777.jpe   attachment-80778.jpe  
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 AM

I have sent for and received the fabric to make an alphabet quilt for a charity auction after being inspited by the picture of one a member made for her Grand daughter. I have been a member for just a short time and I agree that this board is helping the economy.

Have also located the Bow tuck bag pattern. Right now I am on a tote bag making mission. Will post the pics when they are done.
    Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 AM

I have to admit I am a thief. I steal ideas from here all the time. Everyone is so talented. I started making a bow tucks because I saw one on here. I now have orders for 3 more! Love It. Thank you everyone!
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 AM

I haven't bought or made anything (yet), but I did learn to iron correctly! I have been sewing for over 40 years, and never learned how to set the seams and then iron the seams. But I did from this quilting board, and am so pleased with the results!! I have also printed off various quilt pictures with the hop of incorporating similar designs into charity quilts. Thanks to everyone on this board who gives me the inspiration.