Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What was the last quilting item you bought ? >
  • What was the last quilting item you bought ?

• What was the last quilting item you bought ?

Old 06-28-2024, 02:25 PM
    Power Poster

The Duck Duck Goose pattern and three quilt backings.
    Old 06-28-2024, 03:41 PM

I just received an order of Accuquilt Go! dies (that I may never use). They were on sale at Ladyfingers Sewing Studio. (I am getting great use out of the basic dies I have bought.)
    Old Yesterday, 02:19 AM

A quilt shop hosted our last guild meeting and presented a program on Panels. I purchased a panel with a large Christmas Stocking to make. I intend to use it as a Gift bag to fill up with surprises.
    Old Yesterday, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333
    Crinoline. Never heard of it before taking a guild class using jewels to enhance. It is the stiff foundation for the project. Also ordered jewels and velvet squares!
    This sounds interesting! Hope you will share a picture after the class.
    Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup
    Ha! I bought a box of Magic Pins. I got the ones that said they were for quilting, they had several different options in the display rake. On first try, I bent one. Oops need something a bit more robust. But then, when I was pinning on little labels for the blocks as to their row and position, I really like how easily those pins pierced the fabric and paper. So, I will be using them for that purpose and also when I have fine fabric to pin together. Oh, no, never can have too many different styles of pins!
    I had the same experience with the quilting pins. I like the ones that are a light aqua color better - but have never found them locally and trying to order online by matching color/description I got the quilting ones, which are more of a light blue.

If you get a chance, try the other size. They are a bit shorter and a bit heavier.
    Old Yesterday, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I like to watch the unboxing videos on youtube of what other quilters purchase from quilt shops. Most of the time I like or need everything they do My last purchase was this morning online for a thick face plate for my Juki 2010. It was on sale and I never find them on sale. Yesterday it was zippers on a roll and Pellon SF101. I'm done shopping for awhile.
    What is a thick face plate? I've never heard of one.

This is an interesting thread. My fear is, I might find something else I "need"!

My last purchase was for a couple of Trim Locks from Sew Be It. Years ago, I got some from the original maker; they were called Dragon Skins. You might know the first product they made, the Slide Lock Rulers. Anyhow - designer stopped making them, no idea why. Eventually, Fallon & her husband bought the rights for the Slide Locks. The Trim Locks have been redesigned a bit from the old style, but they work great. I highly recommend them for sliver trimming. I do like Bloc Loc for Flying Geese, but like these better for HST's.
    Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM

Ordered a kid from shabby fabrics. It’s just a monthly line that they’re running called tea for two. I will make it and send one to my friend and hang onto one. Then we can have tea together.!

I am currently in Pennsylvania. Visiting my sister. But where she lives there are no quilt shops. It has not worked out for us to travel anywhere to hit any. Someday I will come back and I will make it to Lancaster and up to Intercourse!!!
    Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM

P and J, my crinoline order has arrived, according to my email. Here is the backside and front of my class project, almost finished. I want to make an embellished quilt, although I never have! Still in planning stages, but want to use previous appliqued quilt as a guide.
    Attached Thumbnails backside-shell.jpg   front-shell.jpg   shells-also.jpg  
    Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM

A box of Size M Magna-glide bobbins (72 ct). Love those bobbins in my longarm!
    Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
    Power Poster

my crinoline order has arrived,

That looks like so much fun to make. Will this quilt include the velvet squares you mentioned?