Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is my problem? >
  • What is my problem?

• What is my problem?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Jojo - I'm laughing, because we have a house that's MUCH too big for the 2 of us. Bought it in '72 when the kids were 8 and 9. Obviously, they're long gone. I now have 2 sewing rooms - and slop over into a 3rd bedroom - the house has 5. DH would dearly love to sell and move into a condo in the same town. Did I mention that one of the reasons is the acre+ of lawn he would like to stop mowing - - - I told him he'd have to find a condo with 4 or 5 bedrooms - - - and hire movers to move my stash. I also suggested that he get some goats - - -
    Also, when my now 16 year old granddaughter was only 3, I promised her we would never sell the house. She still remembers!
    Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Problem? No way. We all know that if you don't buy it today, you will need it tomorrow and it will be gone!! LOL
    Old 03-20-2009, 04:38 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joan
    No problem---can you say S-T-A-S-H? Any self respecting
    quilter has to have a stash; it sounds to me like you
    reacted like any other fabric loving qulter would.
    ohh, Joan, lol,...if having a stash means you have self respect, then I must be completely VAIN, lol! :lol:
    Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 AM
    Power Poster

I don't see the problem either......I am seriously working to build up to something respectable in the form of S-T-A-S-H and as I always tell DH...I'm doing MY part to help out the economy!!
    Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Nope, I don't see any problem there! Last week I went to the fabric warehouse around here (1/2 off everything) to pick up a yard of Star Wars fabric for my son, and walked out with about 11 or 12 yards....nope, I dont see any problem with that!

Went for this....
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26994[/ATTACH]

...came home with this!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26995[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-26994.jpe   attachment-26995.jpe  
    Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Went to Sewintg Club yesterday & I always buy myself something. When I'm not one handed, I'll post pictures what I got. It is awful trying to type with the wrong hand. Mousing backwards is too.
    Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by molly4503
    Okay, so I messed up my cutting- I am making a quilted flag to hang. I go to the store to buy 1/2 yard of the fabric I ran short on andthey dont't have it any more, at least right now. So, do I just leave the store? NO, of course not, I walk out with 2 bags of other fabric, non of which which could be used for the flag..... Is this a sign? LOL, I know somany of you know what this is like!
    Believe me, if you have a problem, most of us are right there with you.

I've gone a bit further. I've gone into a fabric shop to pick up an item, but was sidetracked by something I saw as I entered the store. Bought lots of fabrics, etc, but forgot the item of initial intention. **#*#^^**##$$$$$ :lol:
    Old 03-22-2009, 05:52 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by GailG
    Originally Posted by molly4503
    Okay, so I messed up my cutting- I am making a quilted flag to hang. I go to the store to buy 1/2 yard of the fabric I ran short on andthey dont't have it any more, at least right now. So, do I just leave the store? NO, of course not, I walk out with 2 bags of other fabric, non of which which could be used for the flag..... Is this a sign? LOL, I know somany of you know what this is like!
    Believe me, if you have a problem, most of us are right there with you.

I've gone a bit further. I've gone into a fabric shop to pick up an item, but was sidetracked by something I saw as I entered the store. Bought lots of fabrics, etc, but forgot the item of initial intention. **#*#^^**##$$$$$ :lol:
    Sadly, I do that ALL the time!
    Old 03-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Joanne, our house isn't really too big for us...it's that our landlords of the farm we are renting want us to move to the house on that farmplace. I know I'm not minding the move...we will be in a little bit smaller house, but it's warmer than our 100 year+ one that we now are in, and when it comes down to it, there is a fair amount of storage space...and a FULL basemant! (Try visualizing a rock/cement not-even-close-to-full under the current house!)

RE: my treasure trove from my sweetie's aunt...OMG! Some of the stuff I will donate to the quilting ladies at my church, but there are some fun things in there...like at least 2 yards of yellow seersucker...that I can make some fun summer things for my little granddaughter...and of course, cottons for quilts. I don't think I'll get into any of my ideas for the stash until we are moved and settled, which will hopefully be soon. I'll try to log on and keep posting when possible.

Jojo