Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • what is a mystery quilt? >
  • what is a mystery quilt?

• what is a mystery quilt?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jo C
    I love mystery quilts and Bonnie Hunter would be a great place for you to start. She's scrappy so choosing fabrics is easy...you choose by color family, not a single fabric. For example, blues scraps totaling a yard. Bonnie usually starts the day after Thanksgiving, then a new clue every week till New Year. Last years Celtic Solstice is stunning!
    Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts have 100's if not 1000's of small pieces to them and I would not recommend her mystery quilts to a first timer. Just my humble opinion. I believe Connecting Threads may have another mystery quilt going on.

michelleoc you can do a search to find plenty of them. There is a mystery train ride on this board that is a lot of fun and plenty of support. McCalls quilting & Merry Mayhem also does mystery quilts. I completed one for both online mysteries with others from this board and they were simple enough and fun to do. Choosing colors can be a challenge at times but.... you have to go with your instincts.
    Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM

Bonnie Hunter posted on Facebook today that she will be giving the yardage and colors for her next Mystery (which starts the day after Thanksgiving) on October 15.