Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list? >
  • What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list?

• What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    What I would really like would be an assistant to help me go through my stuff and make what I don't care about go away.
    I'd like my own wife, so SHE could do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, chauffeuring, grocery shopping, etc. instead of me. I told my husband this and he got a sparkle in his eye and a smile on his face. I told him NO WAY, she was gonna be MY wife and I was NOT going to share!
    Old 11-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    The Block-Loc rulers look like they might be useful/helpful.

What I would really like would be an assistant to help me go through my stuff and make what I don't care about go away. (Oh - that's supposed to be *me*????)
    My idea exactly. Or perhaps a gift certificate to a LA quilter so at least one would get done..binding is no problem; I love binding. Also loved hemming garments.
    Old 11-19-2017, 09:57 PM

I put on my list for a set of sew mach feet, one of those big sets...
    Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 PM

Wool batting, more fabric and a pattern or two. I have my eye on A Place for Everything.
    Old 11-20-2017, 03:20 AM

Fabric ,cotton thread and lots of batting. So I don't have to run out every time I have a new project. Can always stuff more into my closets!
    Old 11-20-2017, 03:52 AM

Default xmas gift

Originally Posted by LindaJ
    Fabric ,cotton thread and lots of batting. So I don't have to run out every time I have a new project. Can always stuff more into my closets!
    I want a set of BlocLoc Rulers. I know they are a more expensive quilting tool so this would be a wonderful surprise under the tree. The girls in our quilt group have them and they help so much with keeping the ruler straight. I hope santa hears me.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 AM

I have nothing on my list; primarily because I just purchase what I want or need. My sewing room is very well stocked. I could use a larger room, but that just is not possible at this time. So, I guess the only thing I need is: patience.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 AM

An acrylic extension table for my old PC420PRW. My new one is sunk in a table which is great! But my old one stopped feeding fabric and would have cost more to repair than a new one. So I took out the feed dogs and part of the auto thread cutter that had also become a problem and now it does a great job at FMQ. It’s way lighter than my main quilter and as a bonus I can use the zigzag and some of the programmed pattern stitches to FMQ! So it’d be great for taking to group sew days when I just want to FMQ.

Rob
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:37 AM

I'd like a 3 day quilt retreat and the dishes done and house in order when I get back home from it.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    Not really a notion - but I've been drooling over the Scan N Cut for some time. Friday we were picking up some stuff at the Sewing Machine place and I pointed it out to DH and said that is what I want for Christmas. Well, he didn't want the bother of coming back to pick one up, so it came home with us. I'm not going to wait until Christmas to use it though.
    I've been drooling over the Scan N Cut too! Once you've had a chance to use it please let us know how you like it. Especially if you use it for cutting quilt block pieces!