Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting?  Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy! >
  • What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

• What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM

I use a desk file holder wire one and plastic that is elevated and it will hold rulers like no other. I also have used the pampered chef stone holder that has dowel rods and it works great to. I also have a 6" block of wood to use with the rubber mallet. I also use chocolate.

Robin
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Big paper claps, mug for pencils, and picture boxes for extra squares or scraps. These are a few, as I think of others, i'll post.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Tweezers to pull the small threads out of the fabric after ripping out a seam.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
    I keep 2 frisbees one on cutting table and one by my machine, i can put my stuff in it while working and they stay put. also i have stainless steel chop sticks for turning corners, oh my favorite for pinning quilts is this silver thing i got at a second hand store.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
    I keep 2 frisbees one on cutting table and one by my machine, i can put my stuff in it while working and they stay put. also i have stainless steel chop sticks for turning corners, oh my favorite for pinning quilts is this silver thing i got at a second hand store.
    I love the silver thing you have for your pins, etc....I am always at the second hand stores browsing around and now I have another thing to look for. Love the frisbee idea, too.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Knitting needles for turning small items.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Those cute little baskets at the dollar store. - 1.They are the perfect size to stand my patterns on end, so I can thumb through them. 2. They are wonderful for storing elastics, trims, appliques (patches). Helps keep me organized.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM

I have a 4 1/2 suction cup and a small suction cup that I use to hold down my rulers I use a carpet cutter with a rotary cutter blade to cut strips of fabric for the accuquilt Go. T-Square, ruler with zero center and 1, etc on each side to find a quick middle of a small piece of fabric. An angle mark ruler for quick 60 Degrees. Magnetic pick up wand for pins. A makeup travel case for keep scissors, etc together.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM

magnetic handle pin cushion is good to pickup all the pins on the floor
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Notebook and pen for quick notes/changes. reminders, shopping list.

FREE Quilting Newsletter