Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What would U do in this case..... >
  • What would U do in this case.....

• What would U do in this case.....

Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM

Just call, and say "I haven't heard from you. How did the quilt turn out? Did you take pictures of it? Were you able to use any of my fabric?" This would gently remind her that the fabric was yours to use, and you were kind enough to share. This also opens the door, to claim you have decided to make a flannel quilt too, and could you pick up the excess? Her immediate response will tell you if she forgot, or just used you. In the meantime, you will have let her know gently that she has been thoughtless. Walk away with your head up. You would never treat someone so shabbily.
    Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Bank it as a 'you owe me one'. Call her the next time you need something and then use heavy implication in your voice :)
    Old 10-06-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    There is a bunch of optimistic people on this board! When it comes to fellow human beings and their actions I am very pessimistic. I say call her and ask her what the issue is! Maybe she did lose your number, but maybe she also wanted something for nothing!

I too hate when people say one thing and do another. Maybe call her and ask her if she has any plaid flannel, because your making a quilt and could use some! lol See I am mean.
    Like the idea of asking her if she has any plaid fabric for you to use since you give all your plaid fabric to somebody else....... hint hint hint...........
    Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 AM

An update: I called her this morning, asked how she was doing and told her I missed her at the "local quilt show".
    Also asked about the quilt and how it turned out. She said it is still not finished yet, but hopefully soon. She apologized for not getting back to me sooner. She has used part of the fabric, will pay me for what she's used when finished and will return what she doesn't use. I told her just to make sure she has enough to get it all done. I do think it will turn out okay in the end. Some of us move slower than others I guess, and sometimes life gets in the way of our projects.

Just wanted to let all of you know the outcome. Thanks much for all of your input. It is appreciated.
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 AM

Way to go Born2Sew, I am very proud of you. I think you handled it very well. Please don't give up on this woman, I would follow up with her every couple of weeks. You could offer to help her decide and measure what she needs, because you need......the red flannel for other projects. You sound like a very special caring person!!!!!!Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 AM

[quote=Born2Sew]An update: I called her this morning, asked how she was doing and told her I missed her at the "local quilt show".
    Also asked about the quilt and how it turned out. She said it is still not finished yet, but hopefully soon. She apologized for not getting back to me sooner. She has used part of the fabric, will pay me for what she's used when finished and will return what she doesn't use. I told her just to make sure she has enough to get it all done. I do think it will turn out okay in the end. Some of us move slower than others I guess, and sometimes life gets in the way of our projects.

congratulations on having the courage to get in touch with her. I'm afraid I would have just continued to fume about it. I'll have to use you as my inspiration and face things head on when needed.
    Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 AM

Well, I would also call and ask her about how she is doing on the quilt, if she did end up using it? Did she get it finished, you
    would love to see maybe even a picture. Does she have any
    fabric left, because, you did have a project in mind for the material. Maybe you could meet for lunch and chat about it,
    and just be up front and say, you did say you would give me
    something toward the material you would use. Just tell her
    I hated to ask but, I need what you have left back. If she is
    a true quilter she should understand.
    Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM

do not use the words "the fabric I gave you"" NO NO NO -did MY FABRIC work, did you use all MY FABRIC???--then she knows for sure it wasn't a gift!
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM

Maybe she is just slow to respond........how long has it been.
    I just received a pie plate back from a person who had a
    death in their family & I sent a pie. I had almost given up (but
    didn't forget that she had the plate) hope that she would return
    it.
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM

SOme peoples kids! Not you! I would call her , etc.