Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What would you do with 200 Civil War repros? >
  • What would you do with 200 Civil War repros?

• What would you do with 200 Civil War repros?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
    JUMPING JUDY, I have the Farmer's Wife Sampler book and want to start it but don't know where to purchase the fabric. Where did you purchase your fabric and did you use a certain colorway? Thanks a million!

Originally Posted by jumpin' judy
    How 'bout Farmer's Wife. It is a sampler with 6 1/2" blocks. I'm doing mine out of CW repros.
    I am using CW fabrics from my stash. I have noticed a lot of LQS's are using it for a BOM. My only problem with the quilt is that there are no cutting instructions in the book for the blocks. On the CD are 106 templates that have to be printed one at a time. Still no cutting instructions, so I print the templates, measure them, and then cut. I am maintaining a separae notebook of the 106 printouts. They are very pretty blocks, but they are small with lots of itty bitty peices. I've only made 6 blocks so far....this is going to take a while! Good luck!
    Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 AM

I heard that EQ has or will soon have the software program. I was disappointed with the template pdfs included with the book and my printer is doing overtime with the Sentimental Stitches blocks and Jane STickle software...I'll have to put this on hold for a bit, I think.
    Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin'gran
    Originally Posted by grannysewer
    Eddie, where did you find the no set in seams pattern? I would like to try this pattern.
    I forgot to click quote...ditto for me...
    Sent you a PM. :)
    Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I WAS going to do the DJ club but I find that I just don't have any interest in doing it. I bought 200 different CW fabrics in fat eights (9x11) so what to do with them?

Obviously, it will be a scrappy quilt and I do want a very old fashioned look, like an 1800's quilt. Anyone have some links to some old quilt pictures and/or patterns?

I bought a book called Small Blocks, Stunning Quilts that is all about the tiny blocks in antique quilts but I'm not sure I am hooked on any of the patterns yet.
    Have you ever checked into Jo Morton's quilt? I belong to her yahoo group and I also go to a Jo Morton quilt club. I love her patterns and her fabric. Good luck
    Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 AM

Here is a link to a Civil War Cot Quilt. Pretty simple and could be chain pieced. This is a quilt I am making right now using 6" repro squares.
    Good luck with your quilt.

http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/c.../cot_quilt.htm
    Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I WAS going to do the DJ club but I find that I just don't have any interest in doing it. I bought 200 different CW fabrics in fat eights (9x11) so what to do with them?

Obviously, it will be a scrappy quilt and I do want a very old fashioned look, like an 1800's quilt. Anyone have some links to some old quilt pictures and/or patterns?

I bought a book called Small Blocks, Stunning Quilts that is all about the tiny blocks in antique quilts but I'm not sure I am hooked on any of the patterns yet.
    Go to www.amazon.com and type Civil War quilt blocks into their Books site and you'll see a number of books.
    Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    mgshaw & barnbum, gorgeous quilts as always!! You both do such spectacular work.
    I so agree, when is the quilt show,Barnbum? Mgshaw, I hope you kept that lovely piece in your own home and did you make the pattern yourself? . Eddie may I also have a PM with the where abouts of the star pattern, thanks...
    Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    mgshaw & barnbum, gorgeous quilts as always!! You both do such spectacular work.
    I so agree, when is the quilt show,Barnbum? Mgshaw, I hope you kept that lovely piece in your own home and did you make the pattern yourself? . Eddie may I also have a PM with the where abouts of the star pattern, thanks...
    Thank you! Yes I did keep this for myself. And I didnt really have a pattern. I had one sort of like it but with bigger blocks and instead of a 9 patch it was more like chimneys and cornerstones. Since I was using charm squares, I had to resize everything. Bonnie Blue has a pattern very much like this one called Second Hand Clothes or something like that.
    Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    Hi
    I just did a scrappy quilt with reproduction prints. I posted the pictures about two weeks ago. I wish I knew how to link it for you here. But I'm sure you're clever enough to find it.

thanks!
    your quilt is beautiful
    Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM

FYI Amazon does have the Farmer's Wife EQ Companion...I just ordered it.