Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What would you do? >
  • What would you do?

• What would you do?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 AM

This is definatley a tough call however, I agree that once we give a gift we have no control over the actions of the receiver. Some people do not have an appreciation factor of all the time and love poured into their gift. The quilt Gods were definately shining on you and the lady that bought the quilt and sought you out. It seems the quilt wanted to be returned to it's rightful owner who will cherish it always.

Rejoice,
    Andie :-D :-D :-D
    Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
    Banned

If the recipients were moving to another country, in all probability they decided to just get rid of everything, or perhaps the quilt wasn't something that fit in with their idea of decor, or any of many other reasons it might have ended up at Goodwill. I've given many nice things to Goodwill or the Salvation Army (including several wedding gifts)and felt good about giving something nice that somebody else might then buy and love. I wouldn't spend a lot of time feeling hurt, just reveling in the amazing way you got it back! I don't agree with displaying it at a future time when you know the original recipients will see it, either. That seems a little spiteful and unnecessary and likely to cause hurt. Let it go!

Dana
    Old 10-23-2010, 11:09 AM

I am glad you got the quilt back... and I probably would not say anything, as previously said, maybe they just don't appreciate the love, time, energy and funds that go into making a quilt. But I would love to see a picture of it!

Hugs
    Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 AM
    Power Poster

Sounds like the quilt is supposed to be with you. Keep it and enjoy it and replace the label. Don't fret about it.
    Old 10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
    Power Poster

I would not say anything because the truth might hurt. If they meant to give the quilt to goodwill.....need I say more? Along with the others: Please post a pic. pretty pleeeeeease - with sugar on top.
    Old 10-23-2010, 05:26 PM

Moving overseas or to another country means giving up almost everything, especially anything that has any weight to it.

They may have agonized over giving it, we don't know.. and now a days blankets can be replaced easily.. Of course I would have returned the quilt to you had you given it to me, but lots of people have no idea what goes into making one. I've had to part with wedding gifts too, sometimes life demands we give up some of what we have.

Don't feel bad, or think badly of them, we don't know the whole story, or what choices they had.. Just enjoy the quilt and bless that gal that called you!!
    Old 10-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Personally I would keep it and say nothing. I'm afraid if you contacted them you might wind up embarrassing them or yourself in the end. What do they say about what goes around comes around.
    Old 10-23-2010, 06:15 PM

I agree with most of the posters, just be grateful the quilt found its way back to you. I was thinking it would be hard to "accidentally" send something like a quilt to Goodwill, but that may have happened, you'll never know how it ended up there.
    Old 10-24-2010, 08:55 AM

It just so happens that I run a kind and loving home for orphaned quilts. I would be happy to take in that poor parentless quilt and love it for the rest of my life!! I also know that my family will continue to love it after I am gone to quilting heaven.
    The dear thing is so fortunate to have found it's way back to you, but sometimes, living with the creator is difficult for all involved. Creators can be so critical and almost impossible to please!! I, on the other hand, only see thru the eyes of love. Those eyes see no mistakes and never ever find reason to criticize.
    Hugsssssssss and smilesssss
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 AM

I'm curious...how did the lady get your email address?

How thoughtful of her to return the quilt to you. Just reminds us how many wonderful people there are out there.