Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting >
  • What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting

• What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting

Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 PM
    Power Poster

I have a very nice room and I know we will never move so, I am quite happy with what I have. I don't even bother to think about another space.
    Old 06-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Jan & Tothill, your ideas sound great. I have a 9 x 8 room that I wish I could take everything out & start over. I had it almost there 2 yrs ago then got more fabric, printed more patterns, etc. Dreams are good!
    Old 06-11-2016, 06:26 PM

My fantasy quilting space would be huge, for starters! Then I would have built in closets, from floor to ceiling with shelving for my fabric. I would have lighting everywhere! I would also have granite tops on my sewing spaces so my quilts would slide easily, and hardwood floors. A huge design wall, a huge space for ironing large quilt tops, a good sized cutting table, and a really nice sound system!
    Old 06-12-2016, 03:41 AM

I have to say that my idea of what I consider the perfect quilting studio would be just about identical to a woman on YouTube by the name of Margaret Leuwen Quilting or something similar to this. Once I subscribe to the channel I really don't pay attention to the name, but if anyone wants to know for sure I'll check it out and post! She just had her studio built and I would not change a thing.

Last edited by Ariannaquilts; 06-12-2016 at 03:52 AM. Reason: corrected name of person I hope
    Old 06-12-2016, 04:34 AM

My sewing room is an unused family room in a walk out basement. I have two large windows and a walk out sliding door. I have lots of natural light as well as ceiling bullet lights and a couple of task lights. I have 'enough room'. I have 2 folding tables as well as my sewing table that my husband custom built. It is perfect. I wish I had more energy to sew more. I have many more ideas than my poor body will allow! Love to come down here every day. Adjoining this room is a large unfinished space with not windows which my husband used for his model railroad. It is almost togetherness.
    Old 06-12-2016, 10:48 AM

I would like a room large enough to have my longarm and a large sewing table for DSM. They are currently in two different rooms. Built in shelving would be wonderful. A nice view and room for a comfy chair to sit and hand sew would be ideal.

My ideal would be like a beautiful, spacious, vacation setting / living room / studio....that was always clean.

Last edited by Pagzz; 06-12-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Old 06-12-2016, 11:25 AM
    Power Poster

My space is getting close to "ideal" - had a lot of electrical outlets added a couple of years ago - wish I had done that years ago. They were installed about 36 inches off the floor. So much easier to plug things in than standing on my head.
    Old 06-12-2016, 04:26 PM

My sewing room is in the attic what I would like is electrical outlets, an air conditioner for those hot days, heat for cold days, and a finished ceiling so roof particles don't fall on my fabric. Right now I have to cover my fabric and my machines when not in use. I do have decent lighting and two good size Windows. I don't mind walking up the stairs. Oh yes better WIFI service so I can either get my sewing tv shows or some music. Not to long of a list, now I just need to win the lottery.
    Old 06-12-2016, 06:47 PM

I like Jan's plan. I would want a 4'X8' padded cutting table like I once had. Just remove the mat and iron on it. A walk-in closet with narrow shelving all around. AND most of all NOT in the middle of the house for others to walk by and disturb my train of thoughts (with a door to close off my mess). A place for several machines to be set up and pegboards back of each machine for their accessories. Also a cabinet to store my threads out of the dust.
    Old 06-12-2016, 07:20 PM

My fantasy room would have a drawer - over in the corner. Whenever I opened it, and needed to buy some more fabric, under a bunch of of scraps, there would be a pile of
    MONEY!!!!!!!
    (maybe some cookies too)