Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are you quilting goals for 2020? >
  • What are you quilting goals for 2020?

• What are you quilting goals for 2020?

Old 01-13-2020, 01:47 PM
    Power Poster

I would just like to finish a few ufo's I started before Christmas and quilt some of the finished quilt tops I have already bought the batting and backing for. That would make me happy. Any thing after that would be a bonus to me.
    Old 01-13-2020, 05:10 PM

An update on what I did today, I got my books organized and purged a bunch, maybe 50-60 or more. They'll be donated to our local Humane Society Thrift store on Wednesday. Tomorrow, my sewing desk and cutting table will be worked on.
    Old 01-13-2020, 06:53 PM

Boy, pocoellie, I am tired just reading your list of accomplishments and plans for the future. Isn't making new blocks much more stimulating than sandwiching and quilting? I sure think so. Tee-Hee-Hee. Keep up the good work and post photos of finishes. It is always fun to seen the results this kind of effort.
    Old 01-13-2020, 09:45 PM

ok--I've moved from pretty vague goals to some definite ones! I've been asked to do a guild program on designing modern quilts--which I love and am excited about--But, realize that most of the modern quilts I've done I've given to others! So in the next 9 months I will be making about 6 modern quilts--thankfully most of the samples can be smaller quilts!
    Old 01-14-2020, 05:57 AM

WMU Teach-Yes, I much prefer sewing to sandwiching and basting, but it has to be done. LOL I don't know about pics though, since I didn't take them before starting this project.
    Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 AM

My goals are...
    1. Get comfortable with free motion quilting
    2. Get comfortable with following patterns (at least 1 aside from the easy easy one I'm doing now)
    3. Get at least 2 family members done before christmas.
    I'm still pretty new to this. Ive only made 1 placemat size, 1 throw, 1 twin, 1 a little smaller then a throw (for decoration), and part of a large twin.
    Old 01-15-2020, 06:43 PM

Welcome to our gang, Dogsarethebest. We all started out small and have grown into wild and crazy quilters. Your goals sound reasonable and doable.

Free motion is a terrific skill and it does take some time to get comfortable with it. When I started learning to free motion quilt, someone suggested that I play music while quilting and it does helps. I also have quilted some with just a "wavy" pattern in my quilting. It is so easy and very forgiving if you stumble. And, it is fast. I can do a baby quilt in about an hour.
    Old 01-15-2020, 07:45 PM

I would like to make an african looking quilt for our new bedroom next year, but really having a hard time getting into that sewing room.
    Old 03-19-2020, 03:07 PM

It occurred to me today that the first quarter of 2020 is almost over and I should revisit the sewing goals I posted here.

Happy to say I accomplished one of my two goals —the closet and dresser . Nit happy that I still have not gotten the grandlamb’s quilt finished. I know why I’m stalling: I dread the binding! I used to like doing them but somehow forgot how to make them neat and pretty. I rewatch videos on how to; sometimes they “click” but other times, I’m frustrated as heck. With my corners. So , I am fearing failure , plain and simple.
    Old 03-19-2020, 06:37 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for reviving this zo. I revisited my original post in this thread, and I have managed to finish a couple of UFO's. Thought I would get some T-shirts to start 2021 graduation quilt, but don't think family will be down for Easter this spring, so that project is on hold. I have been working on LO HST's and have a new goal with a project with those.