Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is your favorite Craftsy Class? >
  • What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

• What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 AM

I am on a very tight budget and have taken only 2. The first was Fast and Flexible Log Cabins---very very good.

My favorite was Re-piecing The Past-Civil War Blocks by Kaye England. I used red white and blue fabric. This was an excellent class if you want your piecing skills to improve. The blocks get progressively harder. She shows a couple of different ways to make them. I did not put it together they way she showed and just made it a sampler type quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 AM

I have several Craftsy classes as well. I have enjoyed every one of them. One of the Angela Walters classes was too short in my opinion. I notified Craftsy and they made things right. I loved the class, but i thought it was short on content. I have one of the Wendy Burns classes and I liked it. This is a wonderful way to learn.
    Old 11-21-2013, 07:18 PM

I've bought a lot of them too and I've like them all. I always wait until they're on sale for around 50 percent off. Like many others have said, take the classes that teach what you are interested in. When you click on the class you like, you can view a short video so that you can hear the instructor's voice and a little about her/his style. You can also click on each lesson within the class to see what it covers. So always research the class as much as you can to insure it will address what you think it will.
    Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 AM
    Power Poster

I bought about 20 or so classes. I haven't watched all of them though. I have three quilting friends that come over once a month and we watch/do a class together.
    Old 11-22-2013, 06:49 AM
    Power Poster

My guild has used Crafty classes for workshops. Everyone signs up online and buys the class. It's cheaper then a regular workshop class when the instructor come to our guild which is usually $45- $65 per person. We can have a workshop whenever we want without having to pay travel expenses, meals, and fees for an instructor.
    Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 PM

I have taken lots of Craftsy classes, too. It's hard to pick a favorite because they are all so different! I loved the two from Jenny Doan. I also liked Wendy Butler Berns class.... guess we all have different opinions, but that's what makes the world interesting. As others have said, it's really no risk to take a Craftsy class, because the people there are wonderful to deal with. They will happily change your enrollment to a different class if you find a particular teacher is not to your liking.
    Old 11-22-2013, 02:34 PM

My favorites are Wendy Butler Berns and Ann Peterson. I got my money back on the one by Weeks Ringle. It was not what I thought it was going to be about.
    Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    I hated the class by Wendy butler burns. Complete waste of money. She talks to you like you are a two year old and I learned next to nothing in her class. I hate to be negative, but ugh... I was mad after I watched the entire thing.

that said, I love love love the Angela Walters classes and bought all of them. Those are my favorite. I have a few others I am working through too that are pretty good.
    I agree totally with this. I couldn't get past the first few minutes listening to her and to sit there for the whole time made my skin crawl. I found I disliked that class because of her.
    Old 11-23-2013, 04:33 AM

The one class I bought was a Wendy Butler Burns class. I have yet to watch it to completion. If I have insomnia I turn it on and I'm falling asleep within minutes. My problem isn't the content or her quilting style it is her voice - I find it very monotone.
    Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    I hated the class by Wendy butler burns. Complete waste of money. She talks to you like you are a two year old and I learned next to nothing in her class. I hate to be negative, but ugh... I was mad after I watched the entire thing.

that said, I love love love the Angela Walters classes and bought all of them. Those are my favorite. I have a few others I am working through too that are pretty good.
    The great thing about all of Craftsy's classes, if you don't like them you can get your money back or chose another class so you aren't out of money because you don't want to listen or watch.