Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is your favorite fabric store >
  • What is your favorite fabric store

• What is your favorite fabric store

Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
    Banned

My newest favorite is Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira Ontario.....love love love this place! Went today and had a blast. My hubby said go there and spend some money, this was my wedding anniversary gift....
    I spent three hours there, and came home with fabric for a quilt done in browns, and another quilt made in reds and another one in a lovely blue floral fabric with a deep red as one of the accessory colours, and I bought a quilt book at 40% off. Hubby, I LIKED my present!
    Old 04-20-2013, 04:23 PM

My favorite is The Quilted Ladybug in Moorhead,MN. They have a big variety and lots of new things and samples but the biggest reason they are my favorite is because they are NICE: friendly to everyone and always willing to help and that means more to me than prices or types of fabric. Another great shop is Fayes Henhouse in Mayville, ND for the same reasons.
    Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM

Mammaw's Thimble Fabric & Quilt Shop in Knoxville, TN, is hands down my favorite.

I love Mammaw's!!! I think it's the example of a perfect quilt shop. It's huge. It's well laid out. It has friendly, knowledgeable employees.

Best of all, it has a small shelf below each fabric shelf which has FQs for the fabrics above.

Locally, I love all three quilt shops for different reasons: Kapaia Stitchery, Vicki's, and Discount Fabric Warehouse (aka as "singer").
    Old 04-21-2013, 02:55 PM

Anybody tried Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, Mo, just outside of Kansas City? It is a favorite for lots of us.
    Old 04-21-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by kareno
    Haven't been to any where I can't find something I love!
    I agree with that! I can always find something. My go to place though is called A Piece In Time in Akron, Ohio, like Cheers where everybody knows your name.
    I have a quilt store app on my phone so when we travel I can look for new places that might have something I can't live without.
    Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM

I I'm so glad that you share your online favorites. Some of them also shipp internationally, good for me who lives in Sweden! So now I have a few online shops to browse through, a perfect pleasure for the weekend

There are not that many LQS in the area where I live (quilting is not so common in Sweden), but the closest one is great so I shop there a lot.
    Otherwise, I order onlie from Swedish stores, but I've also ordered fabric from the U.S.. From the Fat Quarter Shop, like them a lot so I'll order from them again soon. And I've ordered rulers from Missouri Star Quilt Company, may order fabric next time. Who knows
    Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 AM

Hickory Stick in Hannibal Missouri or whatever one I can get to that has what I need.
    Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    Stablemom, which Lens Mills do you visit. My closest is probably Hawkesville, but I have been known to be in the London, Port Dover, Waterloo and Cambridge stores as well
    I am just hoping Lens Mills will move a little to the south east....maybe Kingston or Ottawa...used to live in Stratford and visited the one in Waterloo and now they have one in London and Woodstock yeahhhh.
    Old 05-04-2013, 08:39 PM
    Banned

maggiemuggins....i visit the one in guelph most often. i am not fond of the cambridge one, i find the basement where they stock the fabric very dark and it changes the look of the fabric.
    Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 PM

My own stash if possible as it costs nothing to walk to.