Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are your favorite notions? >
  • What are your favorite notions?

• What are your favorite notions?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx
    Four generations of my family will be together for stocking time - we lay all the stockings out on a bed and take turns going in and putting a few things in each one. This avoids the sad flat mom stocking syndrome!
    When oldest DD was 12 04 13, she realized Mom's stocking was pretty empty. Since then, she & younger DD had made sure Mom has goodies in her stocking also. They are now in their 40s; I still have Christmas Eve dinner for family. Plastic grocery bags with each person's name on it (sons-in-law & GKs too) are laid out in back bedroom. DDs & I secretly place little wrapped goodies in the bags. The bags are then taken home for Santa to fill overnight so everyone has a stocking to get excited about on Christmas morning.
    When he was still alive, ex-husband joined us Christmas Eve & participated in the stocking ritual.
    Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Mine are scissors, Wonder clips, my olfa curved rotary cutter, rulers, any gadgets.
    Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 PM

Thanks for posting the link to the Kwik Klips. Those are so cool! I'm thinking I NEED some of those! (wink wink) Saved it to my favorites!

Originally Posted by pattypurple
    My favorite is the Kwik Klip ( here is a picture of it http://www.patchworks.com/fingertips.htm ) I couldn't pin a quilt without it. Sure saves the fingernails. I'm always surprised at how many people have never heard of it.
    Give Santa the Connecting Threads catalog and tell him to go wild. The kids got me thread and batik samplers last year and they thought I was nuts. I spent the afternoon rearranging everything in different ways by color.
    Have a great Christmas no matter what Santa puts in your stocking
    Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM

My rotary cutter, good scissors, and my 6 x 12 inch ruler.
    Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by SEW
    a pinking rotary cutter? I KNOW I would like that! I also like my flat head pins and round rubber bobbin holder.
    these are available as pinking, serpentine and decorative blades that fit in your regular handle...i use my serpentine all the time and the deco blades are wonderful for fleece as it does not ravel and so does not need to be 'turned under' to finish...
    http://www.olfaproducts.com/SearchResults_1.jsp for pinking and 'wave' blades, several available
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rative&x=0&y=0 several different blade designs...
    http://www.shopscissors.com/titanium...ing-p-285.html nice pkg with 3 designs
    Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 PM

Lots of gift card to the fabric patch, not a notion, but I wouldn't mind it in my stocking
    Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Hmmmm...my stiletto would be my can't live without notion.
    Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 PM

thread, in lots and lots of colors....little short scissors with sharp points....extra bobbins.....spray basting......spray starch.....bright light......magnetic pin holder.....plastic tubs for sorting stash/scraps(never have enough)
    Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

A pinking rotary cutter would be wonderful. But my new fav is The Gypsy Cutting Gizmo. It is the fastest, easiest way to cut chains. It's a purple stand with a razor blade inside (so you can't cut yourself). You cut chained pieces by holding the fabric with both hands and slipping the chain (thread between fabrics) into the slot ontop of the Gizmo. It is so GREAT! It cuts my time down so much. I don't have to fumble for scissors. I have it to the left of my sewing machine and start using it the minute I get done chain sewing. I bought one for my friend in Russia. I'm making a box of fun things for her. I already sent her a box of fabric and she couldn't believe I sent her Moda fabric. Makes me feel bad that she can't get it there. It seems she could online shop, but she said she couldn't. Hummm.
    Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM

rulers, templates, sharp little scissors!