Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What is your favorite quilting tool? >
  • What is your favorite quilting tool?

• What is your favorite quilting tool?

Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 AM

I am currently enthralled by my design wall - it is a relatively new purchase and I am revelling in having so much vertical design space that I can roll up and put away when I don't need it anymore. When the gloss has worn off that new purchase, I would guess my long term favorite tools are my rotary cutter and 6"x24" ruler.

Alison
    Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by cdmmiracles
    my june tailor shape cut plus ruler......hands down!!!
    I have to agree.
    Old 11-14-2013, 06:35 AM

My hemostats ... all 3 sizes! I use my teeny one to hold my needle in place when inserting a new one in my sewing machine so I don't drop it. I poke out corners when I turn new pillowcases. When hand sewing, piecing or hand quilting I use them to pull my needle through all the thicknesses. I use my really long ones to reach things that have fallen to the floor. Once you start using them you'll find dozen' s of other uses.
    Old 11-14-2013, 06:39 AM

Besides the basics my favorite tool is the Quilt In A Day triangle square up ruler. It takes all the work out of squaring up HSTs.
    Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 AM
    Power Poster

This just kind of nails it!
    Originally Posted by Tartan
    "My soul is fed by needle and thread" If it is hand sewing or machine sewing, those are a couple of essentials for me. All the other tools are a bonus.
    Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM

My favourite ? Has to be my husband, he never minds what I buy so that I can be creative,bless.Letty
    Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 AM

I bought some 4 inch Élan scissors last year at a quilt show. They're my new best thing. They stay right by my sewing machine. They're perfect for trimming threads, trimming fabric, cutting appliqué pieces.
    Old 11-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My Disappearing Design Wall by far!! I have it hung over my closet and it's rolled up right now so I can get into my closet. But I have all the blocks for Craftsy's 2013 BOM on it. I just have to tug on the bottom of it and it rolls down and all my blocks are ready for me. I have high praise for the gal who invented this. It rolls up into a beautiful wooden box that I have my Boyd's Bears sitting on top. It is such nice quality. I have no room for a regular design wall. I could kiss the woman who invented this.
    Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 AM

I'm in love with my stitch ripper, rotary cutters and my needle threader.....I use them all every single day....
    Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kaylabean13
    I wanted to know what all of you have in your quilting arsenal that you could never live without weather it be a rotary cutter, design wall certain thread, or Needles? For me my go to tool would have to be my custom ironing board! I would not be a good quilter with out neatly pressed seams lol! Excited to hear everyone's faves!! Ok maybe I have to I love my queen supreme slider for fmq! Ok I am done now lol!!
    My favorite at the moment is my Leaves Galore template by Sue Pellan Designs! It's a fun little tool that lets you make petals and leaves for applique flowers. The template itself and a video of how it works can be found at http://suepellanddesigns.com/ . I'm a bit clumsy with it, but I'm telling myself that I'll get better with practice. LOL! I'd say at any given time my favorite tool is whichever is the newest one I have. I LOVE getting new toys and learning new skills! :c)

Donna