Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Whatcha gonna do? >
  • Whatcha gonna do?

• Whatcha gonna do?

Old 11-19-2017, 06:12 PM

I want to keep working and finish my first Judie Niemeyer quilt and I want to use my Go! to make some scrappy quilts.

i also bought some tops that are a Trip Around the World and a Pickle Dish and want to explore some involved quilting designs on those.
    Old 11-20-2017, 03:52 AM

I am with Pagzz, after having just completed my first appliqué crib quilt (Mommy & Me) I am going to incorporate more appliqué into my quilting in 2018. I just took a class with Timna Tarr and started a map piece so that will require plenty of applique. Check out www.timnatarr.com
    Old 11-20-2017, 03:56 AM

Curves. Have wanted to do a batik quilt of drunkard's path.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:16 AM

A crazy quilt has always been on my list. Just received a new book, so perhaps 2018 will be the year to attempt a beginning. I am sure it will be a WIP for years to come.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
    A crazy quilt has always been on my list. Just received a new book, so perhaps 2018 will be the year to attempt a beginning. I am sure it will be a WIP for years to come.

Crazy quilt! Me too! Just bought a few books at great sale prices from Amazon, waiting for delivery....went to JAF yesterday to seek out remnants of trims and embellishments...not too lucky there....have quilt in a day pattern for CQ, but am debating on maybe buying Sizzix die for cutting......still in planning stage.....

also do like the hickory nut idea...there are a few videos on YouTube showing that QAYG method of hexies, by machine. But then again, this too may end up being a stack of UFOs! But one can hope!
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:37 AM

I'll put my project in writing too. I am going to finish my Butterfly quilt and get it quilted. It counts as I have to master circles in the last few blocks.

Elise, You will love the GO! Have fun!
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:40 AM

I'm working on a Storm at Sea quilt, which has been on my bucket list for years. I recently started - hope to finish in 2018.
    Old 11-20-2017, 04:42 AM

Tell us more about your learning curve and what it is you learned or encountered. I am thinking about purchasing one and need all the help I can get.
    Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 AM

I joined a group at a LQS called "12 in 12". We meet once a month and we listed 12 projects we wanted to finish or do. This has made me so much more focused. I can't believe what it has done for me. I can have more than one thing going at a time but I am getting so much more done and my sewing space is neater. I will make a new list for 2018 and will do more small quilts. I have more large quilts than I need and more than my family wants. I do quite a few donation quilts that go together rather quickly. I think the small quilts will help me learn more techniques and allow me to push myself to try harder patterns.
    Old 11-20-2017, 10:07 AM

I'm determined to get going on my George Sit Down machine...it's been hard...learning a whole new way of quilting..I did longarm quilting for my friends customers at her shop...but she decided to retire and she sold everything...I got to do my quilts free for helping her...so I found a great deal on my George..now to practice and get going...have a Sunbonnet Sue quilt ready to start...it's a Christmas present, so need get on the ball...quickly...