Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's Next for 2010?? >
  • What's Next for 2010??

• What's Next for 2010??

Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 AM

lol @ kimby. It must be 2011's list.
    Old 03-14-2010, 12:07 PM

My Anniversary Sampler is coming along faster than I had planned. All 25 blocks are done. I went and bought the sashing, cornerstone, and stop border fabric today. Next weekend, I will get those cut and organized so I can start the top assembly. I want the top done by the middle of April so I can get it basted and into my frame. WOOOOHOOOO!! I love being ahead of myself.

Bought some coordinating prints for a little D9P I have planned for my neighbor/friend's son. Last year, I made her daughter a 9 patch of 9 patches out of apholstery fabric. He's getting a race car quilt. I'm ready to start piecing that as soon as my big project is in the frame.

I do have to add 1 project to this year. In honor of the 100th year of boy scout and the great fabric collections, I have planned out a wall hanging for my boys' pack master. It will be a signature quilt. I have all the signature pieces and sashing pieces. I need to go online, bite the 9 buck a yard bullet, and get a couple yards of the scout fabric. I hate paying 9 bucks a yard, but I'm only using 2 of the fabrics for a small project, so it's worth it.

Gotta keep going going going! I dedicate every weekend to quilting. I do it around my laundry, housework and any extra dishes. I didn't get anything done this weekend but the purchase of fabric, but making 6 blocks a weekend for a while, I think I'm due a quiet weekend. Life happens to much during the week.....
    Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
    Power Poster

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread very well this year!
    I have been very busy, but also, this is the second time I have been board-less...well, I am on DD's computer, so I'm actually 'computer-less' at home.
    As it is, I stay on hers longer than is probably polite. Right now she is cutting out a blouse, I just helped her with altering the pattern.
    I have gotten my sew-cave very clean and organized this year...but do still need to paint some shelves :roll:
    I have started a tote, worked on a large utility quilt for my bed, made a few small things for grandbaby, tons of housework and spring cleaning, which is not quiliting, but will help me get to my quilting...currently in the beginnings of a "shh!" project, and will be on another one very soon ;)
    Got a baby quilt just waiting to be pieced together, and a block calling to me.
    My one goal this year was to do more than 09...so far...it seems I am very good at making more work for myself and getting behinder, lol!
    I guess eventually with a lot of persistence, things will get finished and look like i have done something!
    I just keep trying :XD: hugs my buds :-D
    Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM

Well...I had a 3 week rest from my sampler because my machine went down and went in the shop. I will never go without a machine again...now I have to find a trusty backup.

Wow I cannot believe I bought all that sashing that long ago. I ended up cutting incorrectly so I had to go to 3 different shops to get enough to finish. I purposely bought extra material in case I made a mistake cutting...I made a LOT of sashing...1/2 of it 1 1/2 inches too short. It is proof that not only should I not sew when tired, I shouldn't cut either apparently. But all is well. The top is done and needs the stop border. I followed a friends idea and used material from the sampler for the sashing and cornerstones....I can't say I'm exceedingly pleased with it..but it's growing on me. Needs a dark stop border so your eyes stop moving.

I have all the pieces cut out and all the signature squares made for the boy scout commemorative wall hanging. I will be assembling the little thing this weekend and will get it finished by next weekend for the campout. I'm so glad it's small!!!

I'm almost ready to get the Anniversary Sampler in the frame for hand quilting and the wallhanging will be finished by this time next week. So far so good...can't guarantee I'll get much sleep...but sleep is overrated in a quilter's home.
    Old 05-09-2010, 02:24 PM
    Power Poster

well, I'm not going to say sleep is overrated, lol, bc when I don't get it...oh brother!
    But I will say it can be elusive ;)
    well, sounds like you've been busy M!
    Hope your enjoying a beautiful Mother's Day! hugs! :-D
    Old 05-09-2010, 03:08 PM

Wallhanging top pieced and bordered. Backing made (top was 4 inches bigger...I was irritated) and quilting done. I don't know if I'm going to add anything to it or not. Pictures taken, just need to bind it. Good thing it's small so I can get it done by Friday!

I gotta post the pics a little later on. Getting a new kitchen floor tomorrow so I had to clean top of washer/dryer, refridgerator, all the counters and move my table AND my pantry. I'm glad I got the quilting done this morning!
    Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 AM
    Power Poster

well, I stay busy, but I am so sporadic about everything. I don't just sit down at sewing machine and work until something is finished. I did when my kids were growing up :roll:
    I am 3/4 of the way finished with a tote bag. Still have a block waiting to be pressed on and stitched down.
    A w.h. waiting for it's binding. So close to being done!
    Working on that shh! project. Lots to do there.
    Got some bright pink fabric with bright green frogs all starched and pressed waiting for me to transform it into a little pair of shorts and applique on a top for grandbaby :-D .
    Made DH mad.
    Got a Boston block all cut and units pieced, just waiting to be stitched together and then sewn on tote for a nice decorative look. I like it :-D
    I used an upholstery fabric for the tote that is just not really me...don't ask why I persevered with it.
    i have this goofy thing about using all my fabrics and not treating some like orphans or something.
    So it's not my favorite, it's very sturdy and I dressed it up a bit. It's growing on me.
    That's all I can think of right now, and of course that doesn't take into account all the housework etc. that has been done this week. Let's keep plowing ahead. Who knows, I may actually get more done this year, if I just keep at it :thumbup:
    Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM

To finish a lot of the projects I started last year: Finish....

* quilting my quilt with the avatar block in it for my brass bed. Almost done.

* the other 3 quarters of Lucinda's Window.

* layering and quilting the Pam Bono "Out of Darkness" for my other daughter. Really wish I could afford to have that one sent out!

* getting fabric and patterns for my 2 granddaughters and for my "guest" room.

* appliqueing my "sleeping cats" wall hanging.

* the Quilter's World freezer paper pieced hanging.

* cleaning my house a least once!
    Old 05-18-2010, 01:45 PM

Let's see I have 10 twin size quilts to make, I'm finishing the one I started when I first came on this board. THEN I'll get to play with my Geishas!!
    Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM

I'm jumping in the middle! This is the first time I've seen this thread and it's just my style. I love lists and checking them off! For 2010,

1. finish new baby granddaughter quilt. She's due 2 weeks and I'm flying out in 12 days. Only have binding to stitch on, so I'll get it done.

2. get my string quilt to quilter and then begin handquilting it afterwards

3. finish my husband's log cabin, just have a little MQ left then binding

4. finish my blue batik quilt

5. keep up with block swap here on the board

6. finish Janene's quilt, top is done right now

7. finish Lone Star, top is about halfway done

8. start red snowball quilt while back helping my daughter with new baby

9. finish redwork quilt (blocks all made)

10. finish christmas quilt (top is done)

11. start Prairie quilt

I'm fortunate because in 9 days I will be free for nine weeks. I'm a teacher and love that summer break to quilt, quilt, quilt!