Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's Next for 2010?? >
  • What's Next for 2010??

• What's Next for 2010??

Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 PM

Now, keep in mind, you'll need to bookmark this thread. We did it for 2009 too. Then, whoever gets the first project done on their list can start a thread in the pictures section called "What's Next for 2010 in Pictures."

That way we can see finished pictures in the pictures category and keep track of our lists in this thread. We are really good at keeping eachother going. My boy scout wallhanging is quilted, bound and presented. I'm waiting on an email of some pictures with the recipient and I and then I'll be able to post! WOOOHOOO!!! 1 down, a bunch to go!
    Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
    Power Poster

Lol...one down a bunch to go...I'll say :thumbup:
    But my sweetie pie, (grandbaby), loves to tell Nana...slow and steady wins the race.
    She saw it on Noggin.
    I wrote it and put by my machine, so I think of the meaning and of her ;) :mrgreen:
    Old 05-23-2010, 03:40 PM

I just finished one of the quilts on my list, so I started the thread in pictures: What's Next for 2010 in Pictures!

Can't wait to see everyone else's pictures! On to the next project for me...
    Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 PM

I posted pics of the boy scout quilt on the What's Next for 2010 pics thread. Quilting Nonnie started the thread for us:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-46877-1.htm
    Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM

WOW you ladies are making progress on your lists, only 3 were on mine and i have worked on none of them yet... i better get off the puter and get with it :) But i don't want to miss anything :)
    Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

I put the last borders on the anniversary quilt this past weekend. This coming weekend, I'll be buying the flannel backing fabric. Then, my little stitching club is going to get together on one extra night so we can get it basted. There is no way I can get it basted by myself. Then it'll be in the frame for probably 6 months before I get it quilted...but our anniversary isn't until December, so while I'm not ahead of schedule anymore, I'm not pressed for time either.

I've got the workings of a table runner in my head....I needed to add that to the list. Coworker of mine admires my work, but she's helped me out with my resume and has been a great asset to me at work, so she's definitely deserving of a project. Then, two toddler size quilts are next for my neighbor's children. I made one for one of her kids last fall or the fall before, so now I need to make 3 more for the other kids. At least it'll be fun to make! I hope to get started on those as soon as this big one is in the frame.

I'll post pics on our pics thread as well as the Anniversary thread as soon as I get them.
    Old 06-12-2010, 05:25 AM

Wow, I can't believe I had the top without borders done so long ago....I still don't have the backing fabric. I'm hoping to get that today. I posted the pictures for the completed top with borders on the anniversary sampler thread.

You can find it here with all the pics of the blocks and everything.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36285-1.htm
    Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Let's see, my summer vacation is almost half over...I've posted my granddaughter's quilt.

#2 on my list: getting my string quilt to the quilter--DONE!!!! yay!

#4: finish my blue batik: it's finished and also at the quilter's.

#8 was to start the red snowball quilt while back helping my daughter with the new baby. I started it. Got it cut out and even sewed a few seams. My daughter didn't nap much and baby had colic...less time to sew than I thought! But my goal was to START it, and I did that!

#9 I won't be able to finish. I wanted to finish my redwork quilt. I thought I had all the blocks done, but when I counted and figured I realized I needed 6 more blocks, so I'm embroidering the first of the six.

I'm doing better than I thought I would...
    Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 AM

Ah! Time for a progress report.

I find I am often distracted by other things.
    The anniversary quilt top is done, but not sandwiched to quilt. My DH has agreed to help me schedule time for this. (Mostly, he helps me say 'no' to other requests! :lol: I love him for it.)

The wedding dress - we have decided on a pattern (this involved a lot of trying on existing dresses and choosing a style, etc.), purchased the fabric, and I am at the point of making a mock-up to be sure it will fit. (I always have to alter some part of a pattern for this child. Oh, to have her problem of skinny hips!)

The wedding quilt - Fabric is collected. In September, she and I will spend a weekend together to cut out pieces for it.

So I am behind on these goals. ( I have made a quilt for my other daughter in the meantime. She needed a 'hug' to take to college, instead of her baby blanket. She was hiding the baby blanket in her pillow case.)
    :lol: Someday I will learn to set goals and work single-mindedly toward them. But where is the fun in that?! :roll:
    Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 AM

Goal is to make at least one project from every book/mag I have. Five down and too scared to count how many I have left. Guess I'll live to be at least 210!