Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's Next for 2010?? >
  • What's Next for 2010??

• What's Next for 2010??

Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Ah! Time for a progress report.

I find I am often distracted by other things.
    The anniversary quilt top is done, but not sandwiched to quilt. My DH has agreed to help me schedule time for this. (Mostly, he helps me say 'no' to other requests! :lol: I love him for it.)

The wedding dress - we have decided on a pattern (this involved a lot of trying on existing dresses and choosing a style, etc.), purchased the fabric, and I am at the point of making a mock-up to be sure it will fit. (I always have to alter some part of a pattern for this child. Oh, to have her problem of skinny hips!)

The wedding quilt - Fabric is collected. In September, she and I will spend a weekend together to cut out pieces for it.

So I am behind on these goals. ( I have made a quilt for my other daughter in the meantime. She needed a 'hug' to take to college, instead of her baby blanket. She was hiding the baby blanket in her pillow case.)
    :lol: Someday I will learn to set goals and work single-mindedly toward them. But where is the fun in that?! :roll:
    I don't know how behind you are...but I am in awe of you making a wedding dress! Especially altering. Your daughter is one lucky girl!

I made a wedding quilt for my daughter and was pleased to give it to her on their first anniversary!

Hang in there!
    Old 07-10-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
    Goal is to make at least one project from every book/mag I have. Five down and too scared to count how many I have left. Guess I'll live to be at least 210!
    I'd love to have that goal too! :thumbup: Maybe you and I can live in the same old folks home and keep on cranking quilts out through 2222!
    Old 07-10-2010, 09:12 AM

I just found this thread but I like the idea. My list of stuff to do changes almost as often as seeing a new idea. I do have several on my list to finish asap so I can start Christmas projects.

I hope you do this next year. I might try keeping track of all I do and don't get done.
    Old 07-10-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I just found this thread but I like the idea. My list of stuff to do changes almost as often as seeing a new idea. I do have several on my list to finish asap so I can start Christmas projects.

I hope you do this next year. I might try keeping track of all I do and don't get done.
    You can join now! Just do your list for the next six months! I joined in March, I think. It's fun, come on in, the water's fine! :-D
    Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Finish my swap partners quilts/table runner.

Start and complete the Watermelon quilt kit I bought a month ago.

Complete my DD's quilt even though she says she has changed her mind about the fabric after I spent $200.00 on fabric she picked out. Oh well, If she doesn't want it, I like it enough I will keep it.

Finish 1 dozen little dresses for Africa.
    Finish 1 dozen pillowcases for the pillowcase challenge.

Get my dadburn digital camera fixed so I can take pictures of my completed projects!

G
    Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek

G
    So what kind of dresses do you make? Are they for children? I make children dresses for LDS Humanitarian Center. They have a pattern to make dresses from t-shirts and you sew a gathered skirt on to it.

Is there an organization that you send the dresses to? What a kind and wonderful thing to do!
    Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Well...you all saw the big sampler top is finished....I'm still trying to fenagle the flannel for the backing. It's going to be August before I can possibly get it basted....I am not happy.

I cut all the pieces for the Sudoku quilt for the neighbor girl. I cut all the strips needed for her brother's D9P, but I'm one strip short of being able to piece it...gotta go to walmart this weekend.

UGH!!!

I did pick some patterns for the table runners that I want to make...does that count as progress?
    Old 07-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Originally Posted by wvdek

G
    So what kind of dresses do you make? Are they for children? I make children dresses for LDS Humanitarian Center. They have a pattern to make dresses from t-shirts and you sew a gathered skirt on to it.

Is there an organization that you send the dresses to? What a kind and wonderful thing to do!
    To answer, there are directions to make a simple child - young teen size dresses. The organizations is called Dresses for Africa. Simple shorts for the boys are also appreciated. I don't have the address, but there is a thread about Dresses for Africa
    Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Sorta strange-one place I make pillowcases from scratch and the other I buy them and cut up and sew. Go figure.

Here is the link: http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/
    Old 09-22-2010, 06:01 AM

Where has 2010 gone? It's almost October already!

Progress Report time!

Here was my list for this year:

1. Finish the 3 D9P's for my boys.
    2. Make 2 small quilts for sibling of quilt recipient.
    3. Focus quilt for this year is a 25 block sampler quilt for my wedding anniversary. This year we will be married 10 years. We never received a wedding quilt and I'd love to make one just for us. The blocks are picked, many triangle blocks, YIKES!, but with perseverance I can do it.
    4. Twin size quilt for my ill friend. She asked, in lieu of a wheelchair quilt or hospital bed quilt, if I would make her infant on a blanket he can take to college since she knows she won't be able to do it for him. I agreed, but I want to make her a hospice quilt anyway.

I finished the 3 D9P's in January and the boys love them and have used them all year.

I am almost half way done hand quilting the blocks on my 25 block sampler. I hope to have as much of the sashing done as possible before D-Day (12.08.10)

The two little quilts for neighbor/friend's kids, one is a patriotic Soduku and the other a race car D9P. Both in piecing stages. All strips cut. 4 of the 9 blocks for patriotic are done. All the strips for D9P cut and sewn, and cross cut. Assembling 9 patches now. Probably won't be done in time for Christmas.

I'm going to hold off on tablerunners until next year. I really need to bite the bullet and just buy a tablerunner book. I've spent so many hours pouring over all my freebie patterns just to find one that has tablerunner measurements...none of them do. I have one magazine that highlights tablerunners and using those strips you buy, boli pops, noodles, jelly rolls etc. I want to make some table runners out of that.

My friend's quilts. I want all 3 of the kids to get a blanket. My friend is doing amazingly well and could have years left, so I'm no longer in a rush to get those quilts done.

My 9 year old volunteered me to make two baby quilts for his expecting teachers this year...this year is 2010-2011...definitely not for 2010.

How are you all doing? Life really got in the way for me this year. I want to see your updates!