Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's Next for 2010?? >
  • What's Next for 2010??

• What's Next for 2010??

Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
    Power Poster

It took me forty forevers to remember to look for this thread!!!
    I lost my computer in the spring and lost a lot of stuff with it.
    It's been a crazy year and I haven't gotten as many projects finished as I would have liked, but I have done a lot of things.
    I have also had many ups and downs with health, which is kind of the 'way' with this mouse.
    I'm about to finish a tote bag if I get off the computer. I'm at DD's.
    We decided not to buy another one for now, so I could get more quilting done, lol!
    Well, I'm a trying! ;)
    Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Oh Mousie, I remember once, was it last year? You wouldn't let me beat myself up over things I didn't get done. Our lists are just suggestions and subject to change remember?

I recently branched into a sewing project or two. I'm still quilting my anniversary sampler, though we are only 7 weeks out from d-day.

I'm making one of the little sodukus and a D9P for the neighbor kids as were on my list, but I won't make it to table runners this year. Also, my older son has 2 teachers and both are expecting babies, one this month, one in December. He's begged me to do something for them. Will be difficult as they both want to be surprised, so I'll have to throw the quilts together for them after their little bundles of joy arrive.

So far, I don't have a big project planned for next year, so maybe all small ones....I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Glad you are back now. I wish you happy stitching!
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 AM

I agree with mpeters, mousie! I had all these things on my list and have gotten a few done. Then a group on the board decided to do the Farmer's Wife sampler and I'm all tied up with that. Between my block swaps and Farmer's Wife, it's all I can handle now. The rest of my list will probably not be done until Farmer's Wife is done!

I sometimes look at my list and wish I could do those and the Farmer's Wife, but in the end it's the joy of quilting that takes precedence, not the number of quilts or list items I finish!
    Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 AM
    Power Poster

Hi all,
    I'm dragging my hiny, but I made it back here, finally.
    I need the email notice to keep me on track, lol!
    Well, I'm about to finish up a shh! project, and it's not the same one I mentioned a while back.
    I've made something for two different ppl and wonder if one of them...if the person will still enjoy it, as we don't have time to talk as much as we used to,...but she is a quilter, and I still feel the same, so when I get that last little bit done, it will be winging it's way to her house.
    My other shh! project is bigger and I had tons of help with it, and I really excited about it. Thing is, I am going to have to take up biting my nails or something, cuz doc changed my thyroid dose and now I'm feeling queasy....when does the mouse start to win?
    sounds more like whine!
    It just makes it hard to knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!
    Sitting here is one thing, moving around and thinking, focusing, that's a whole nother animal, lol!
    Wish me luck and some prayers. I could use them and I'll do the same.
    We got holly-days coming neighbors! :XD:
    Old 11-18-2010, 08:06 PM

My kids tell me about the memory challenged gal from Finding Nemo. She says....just keep swimming just keep swimming. How about this....just keep going just keep going just keep going. Whether it's stitching, quilting, living, whatever Mousie, just keep going! I don't think I'll be able to get my anniversary sampler done on time. I'm pretty down about it.
    Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM

mpeters1200, just keep sewing, just keep sewing...

One of my goals is to finish an anniversary quilt. It was started for my parents' 60th anniversary. This year they celebrated 67 years. (So I did not know what I was starting at the time. It has mushroomed... And I am frightened by one of the parts I want to include - pictures on fabric.) I just pray they will both be with us when I present it - current goal is their 68th anniversary.
    Old 11-19-2010, 04:28 PM

Wow Quiltmom that's awesome. I'm hopefully going to finish my current masterpiece by my anniversary. Honestly, it's the hardest and most daunting project I've ever made. It's got about 200.00 worth of materials and notions into it and over 350 hours. 250 so far, just in the quilting of it! I would have never made it this far if it wasn't for posting periodic updates on this board.

There's a thread of it here, complete with pics, pics of the completed top on page 3. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36285-1.htm

Just keep going...you'll get there. I've been collecting animal prints for years to someday make a quilt for our bed....took having a 10th anniversary to make a quilt for our bed...not animal prints either. I'm still collecting them. Hopefully not a someday quilt for long.

Oh, and to everyone following our 2010 thread, my eldest son has two teachers that both happen to have babies. One in October (a girl) and one in December (she wants to be surprised). So, quilts for them got added to the list per the begging of my son, who never asks me to do anything. Threw a D9P together last weekend, hoping to have pics of that up soon. Probably a Sodoku for the second one because the D9P was a headache.

So, the little neighbor kid quilts got pushed back, but at least they are started!!
    Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 PM

What a great project for your anniversary! You're making progress. I'll keep at mine, spurred on by yours!
    Old 11-21-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm trying to figure out lighting and how to fenagle this queen size beast in the right light to show the stitching. I might just show pics of some of the blocks again so you can see the quilt lines from my chalk and pen markings....that may be the only way to do it on some of these blocks.
    Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM

my list for 2011~
    a thinking outside the blocks quilt for my niece in january.
    a Paint Chip challenge quilt (from this board) with a June 15th deadline.
    several charity quilt tops that need quilting.
    a purse (pattern coming any day now via the mail).
    Want to make a d4p and a pinwheel d4p.
    A darling tree quilt that I have a pattern for.