Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's next? >
  • What's next?

• What's next?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    i'm back. Been waiting on a surge protector that is being replaced. I may have to call them back, or ups. Haven't seen any notices. anyway, had to bring mine from sewing room in here for pc. I could take it back and forth, but too much monkey business, and I just been using my time to cut fabrics.
    I am almost ready to get going on roses and tulips quilt.
    One really great thing i have been doing, that is helping me a lot, is, I have about 3 or 4 kitchen timers, for the holidays. Took one in sewing room and you'd be surprised how fast you'll get back in there, if you are on a timer. I don't get sidetracked as much, when I have to go out, and it really gives me a mental lift, every time I have to reset it for another hour. happy creating, everybody :D
    My mom uses the kitchen timer all the time. Sometimes it'll go off and there's nothing on the stove or in the oven. I'll ask, What's the timer for?" and she'll reply: Oh I needed to remember to........ :lol: She uses it to help her memory. I use lists. :? She's almost 92. Much better memory that mine.
    Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 AM
    Power Poster

I am sure, that I must be the one that keeps the Post it company in business. If not, I certainly am keeping many ppl employed there, lol.
    I use timer to remind me to go back out to washing machine, and I wear a stopwatch 24/7 for meds and to get up in morning. Much nicer than an alarm clock. I also, set stopwatch when I am getting dressed for an appt. It makes me aware of time better.
    I have to have many at holiday time, or I would burn everything. works great. My grandbaby knows when my stopwatch goes off, "nana, it's time for your medsin"...her baby sister thinks it's a teether. good thing it's waterproof and when it goes off, I get the biggest smiles. :D
    Old 03-21-2009, 07:58 AM

oh, how cute. I have a bunch of timers everywhere too, but it's more to help my son keep track of the time he has left to finish a task...getting dressed, brushing teeth, one page of homework, things like that.
    Old 03-21-2009, 08:20 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    oh, how cute. I have a bunch of timers everywhere too, but it's more to help my son keep track of the time he has left to finish a task...getting dressed, brushing teeth, one page of homework, things like that.
    I had to do this with my youngest daughter. Now she is married...late for everything! :wink:
    Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 AM
    Power Poster

well, I had a good week. I am working on some blocks for a project, and more cutting on another, got some things for stash, and took something off a blanket that going to used for batting for yet, another project. Hope to get two of these done this week.
    I went back to dr. and got some good news. Going to granddaughters, (oh, I may have to tear up, she's six this week...not a baby anymore!), birthday party in a bit.
    So I am feeling more productive and my brother brought over some different speakers last night...and whaddya know, they worked. I have sound and can watch quilting videos now! got to run. ttfn! :D
    Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 PM

well, I had a good week. I am working on some blocks for a project, and more cutting on another, got some things for stash, and took something off a blanket that going to used for batting for yet, another project. Hope to get two of these done this week.
    I went back to dr. and got some good news. Going to granddaughters, (oh, I may have to tear up, she's six this week...not a baby anymore!), birthday party in a bit.
    So I am feeling more productive and my brother brought over some different speakers last night...and whaddya know, they worked. I have sound and can watch quilting videos now! got to run. ttfn! :D
    woohoo on the speakers :lol:

How many grandchildren do you have? Is the 6-yr-old the only one? If so, you'll find out that there's more to come for those tears. Save them for the big stuff. I used to cry when I'd go for grandparents' day at school. Now that was just when I walk through their classrooms. When they sang, that brought on the big stuff. :lol: Enjoy the 6-yr-old.
    Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by GailG
    woohoo on the speakers :lol:

How many grandchildren do you have? Is the 6-yr-old the only one? If so, you'll find out that there's more to come for those tears. Save them for the big stuff. I used to cry when I'd go for grandparents' day at school. Now that was just when I walk through their classrooms. When they sang, that brought on the big stuff. :lol: Enjoy the 6-yr-old.
    well, hoping that if I make a big deal over her turning six, that bigger things won't happen, unless they are happy ones, lol!
    I have four granddaughters, 1 year, 20 months, five and now six.
    One daughter can keep going, but hope she doesn't. Her two are adorable and they don't need another one.
    Middle daughter has p.c.o.s. and we are not sure about what will happen there. She is 30 in a few months. I am hoping that they can have one.
    Oldest daughter is smart like me, and had her two and quit. Hers are adorable also, and a handful, lol.
    So, I feel fat and sassy. Got my tummy full while ago, and now I'm just talking g'ma talk, like I ain't got another thing to do. I do, but I'm saving up my energy to sew, sew, sew tomorrow. Get in the zone after churdh and lunch and put the pedal to the metal. Thanks for giving me, yet another chance to brag on my girls :wink: :D
    Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 PM

Those are such cute ages. That 6-yr-old will be growing so fast you won't know what hit. Enjoy them.
    Old 03-29-2009, 01:10 AM

Hopefully, we'll have lots of opportunities to brag about our little ones (and grown up ones)

Well...this week, I did manage to sew all my strips sets for the D9P's together. Now to cross cut and make my 9 patches.

Also, some dear friends convinced me not to throw away a different project of mine. So I rebasted it and am continuing to hand quilt on it one or two hours a night. I'm really moving on this sucker!

I have even less time to sew now that I'm also job hunting. The boys have their spring break coming up the first full week in April, so I'll be losing some time there too....maybe I can work on a different project that week.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:21 AM

mpeters, love your avatar. Tell us about it.

Job hunting? Sounds like fun.