Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's next? >
  • What's next?

• What's next?

Old 03-29-2009, 04:44 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by GailG
    mpeters, love your avatar. Tell us about it.

Job hunting? Sounds like fun.
    yes, I am curious about the initials in your avatar. i should get on to some of my embroidery ideas, so i could do them while crystal (5) is here. I usually try to give her a lot of attention though, so I'll see. It's just that you make me realize, there are a lot of little opportunities to squeeze in some productive time. I drag around a lot of books, paper, pen, STUFF...to appt.s and such...bc, if i sat and looked at them at home, I would fall asleep. I have a book called, "Quilting on the Go", that I love. Well, actually, it was when I first got into quilting...I printed stuff, and drew out the pics! that was a one time only thing! what was I thinking, could have bought the book and been done with it. Put it in a notebook and...point is, I really should get on with some of these, so I can take them with me. So many ideas.....
    Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 AM

I got sidetracked from my "to do" list. I made two charity quilts. One is black and white and my Aunt wants a new quilt for her bed, soooooo...... I will be making one for her bed. With the charity one, I added a small red border for just a shot of red. The accent on my Aunts is yellow. I am so glad this is a fast and fun project. I need to get back to my list.
    Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    ... "If I end up being wrong - let me. I have that right."

Good morning guys! :-)

Sorry for butting in, but I wanted to say the quote above is awesome. It's a concept I've been trying to teach my daughter (she's 12, going on 20) and she just isn't getting it.
    Old 03-29-2009, 12:48 PM
    Power Poster

I just started a new quilt (rather than quilt the two that are pinned and rolled and waiting ever so patiently) to work with a scrappy batch of 5" charm pieces. I got a little carried away and made 26 (x4 rows). Once I laid the blocks out on the bed, I realized that at 4.5" finished, it would be large enough for a 10' giant. lol Looks like I can make a cuddle quilt (or two) as well.
    Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM

i am working on quilts for family members. have four tops done for my great nieces/nephews, working on one for my mom, my sister just asked for one and i just bought 32 fat quarters for my stepdaugter's quilts!! busy, busy, busy. plus i want to make more table runners for my dining room - need a spring one and a winter one, maybe Christmas even... one day.
    Old 03-29-2009, 04:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    ... "If I end up being wrong - let me. I have that right."

Good morning guys! :-)

Sorry for butting in, but I wanted to say the quote above is awesome. It's a concept I've been trying to teach my daughter (she's 12, going on 20) and she just isn't getting it.
    can I relate?...my daughter is married! and she still tries to 'boss me'.
    thanks for the compliment :wink:
    Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I just started a new quilt (rather than quilt the two that are pinned and rolled and waiting ever so patiently) to work with a scrappy batch of 5" charm pieces. I got a little carried away and made 26 (x4 rows). Once I laid the blocks out on the bed, I realized that at 4.5" finished, it would be large enough for a 10' giant. lol Looks like I can make a cuddle quilt (or two) as well.
    LOL! yeah, better shorten that one up, don't want anybody 'growing into it.' :wink:

p.s. every time I see your avatar, I expect him to speak to me...in that superhero voice... :lol:
    Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    i am working on quilts for family members. have four tops done for my great nieces/nephews, working on one for my mom, my sister just asked for one and i just bought 32 fat quarters for my stepdaugter's quilts!! busy, busy, busy. plus i want to make more table runners for my dining room - need a spring one and a winter one, maybe Christmas even... one day.
    thismomquilts, you, lol, write like your running....running out of breath! or is that me, as I'm reading, lol! sounds like you are having fun. :D
    Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
    mpeters, love your avatar. Tell us about it.

Job hunting? Sounds like fun.
    My avatar...well it took me long enough to find one I liked, didn't it??

I have a son who has autism among other disabilities. The logo for autism is a jigsaw puzzle piece because no two autistic children are alike just like puzzle pieces. My son's name is in the banner across the piece Rueben.

I'm just trying to raise awareness. Autism is becoming more and more prevalent.

I'm so glad you guys like it! It took me a long time to decide if I wanted something so personal out there, but hey I talk about it in my signature, so I might as well have a cool little pic like everybody else.
    Old 03-30-2009, 09:56 AM

To do list:

--Hand sew the binding of a quilt (wedding gift for friends)
    --Make another quilt (wedding gift for friends) using great jellyroll fabrics
    --Make a picnic blanket quilt for the springtime
    --Make a scrap quilt out of my stash?
    --Sew a colorful apron or two for bridal showers
    --Sew some potholders with fun scraps and collected selvedges
    --Help sew a wedding veil and wedding purse for a friend?
    --Finish two UFOs for Project Linus

Whew!