Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's next? >
  • What's next?

• What's next?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 AM

WOW! What a "handsom" fellow he is! I love needle turn but sometimes I just don't have the patience.
    Old 01-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Quiltmaker 101, I feel the same as you do about my UFOs. I just HAVE to get them out of the way. I'm sick of looking at all of those boxes that are labeled with different unfinished projects. I even have boxes with the makings of quilts or projects that have not been started. I have the fabric, pattern, etc. ready to begin. Somehow I push new things ahead and never get to the ones that are waiting.

Today, I received a call from the sewing machine shop saying that my machine is ready (Janome MC 4000). It must not have been too bad. She said that it would be $48.65. woohoo.

Now the only thing standing in the way is the contract job that I have with the school board (testing) starts tomorrow and will go all of next week. Then the next week is a wedding cake and groom's cake. Maybe the first two weeks of February will be for quilting. Another wedding cake for the last week in Feb. Well, mayyyyybeeeee March. :roll:

I need to quit my "jobs" so that I can devote all of my time to sewing. (Then I won't be able to buy very much fabric. :? ) Whatever!!! :lol:
    Old 01-14-2009, 05:08 PM

I haven't even been downstairs since I last posted that I had organized some of my scraps down there, that alone touched any of the UFO's I mentioned previously.
    But I did get an order of fabrics in from Rossville Quilts. so I have been fondling my new stash, some/most of these are planned for the URR or the pioneer block quilt I plan to work on this year (you noticed I did not say finish...lol).

One more thing my neighbor's birthday is shortly after mine next month and I would like to make something for her, but am not sure what. I don't want it to be anything big or elaborate, just something that says I'm thinking of you on your day and something I can easily cut out and sew in a weekend.
    Any ideas? or pattern suggestions? I was thinking maybe a table runner or something. I know her favorite color is red.
    thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Muriel
    aka: AkAngel
    Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 PM

Hi Muriel, What day is your B-day next month? Mine is the 20th. Anything you do for your friend she will love!
    Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Hi Janstar,
    My bday is the 9th, and my friend's the 19th.
    Muriel
    Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
    pal

Mary L. your picture is gorgeous!!!!! It knocked my socks off - just beautiful!
    Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 PM

Thank you everyone for your compliments on my quilt for my husband. I will post more picture's, as I get further along. I truly do love these brown colors together.
    Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 AM

Hey Muriel. A table runner sounds great. I also like some of those little 12 x 12s that were made around Christmas. I think they were called candle mats. Those could be made non-seasonal for those who put out candles year-round. My best friend has a huge Tabasco (chili peppers) collection, so I made a table runner using Tabasco fabrics and other reds and golds. She loved it and uses it often.
    Old 01-16-2009, 05:40 AM
    Power Poster

well, since we are going to keep this thread going as a motivator for 09, I want to post at least once a week so I can keep up with my own progress.
    I can't say I have finished anything yet, but I have done a lot of stuff. I am working on a princess quilt for one of my five year old granddaughters and i had to take blocks apart to square them up. there are nine and i have squared three and the other three are ready to be tweaked also. This is just one of many things i have done.
    I have lots of projects that are sewing and not mainly quilting, but the quilts call to me more, that is why i had to find a way to get disciplined. I am going to make a priority list today or tomorrow.
    Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 AM

Good job quiltincrazy! I made a list too and I'm hoping to start tackling it this weekend!