Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Whats next? >
  • Whats next?

• Whats next?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I will FINALLY tackle those roman shades I have been too scared to do for the spare room. Now that the curtain is covering the closet - why not attempt the shades? What's the worst that could happen? (Don't answer that).
    Craftybear steered us to this gal's site and from there I saw she had a video for what she calls "covers," but which are the easiest Roman shades I've ever seen done. You might want to take a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dtc...e=channel_page
    Old 12-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Just catch up with UFO's and start a couple of quilts I want to make. I want to do dresden plate, scrappy quilt and OBW. There are a few more patterns I want to try but these are the main ones.
    Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Even though I will be moving in the summer, and have LOTS of packing and organizing to do in preparation for that, I will have to quilt a bit in the months between now and summer because quilting feeds my soul. I have a dear friend who is expecting her second child in Feb, so I need to make something for that wee babe. I am thinking ahead to the new wall hangings and quilts that will be needed in my new home! Just today I made a Christmas wall hanging for me new home! Retirement comes with this move so I can hardly wait to have time to do all the quilting I have ever wanted to do!
    Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
    Power Poster

anything that is requested and the projects I am already working on.
    Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM

I will be making DIL a backpack, finish up GD quilt, make a baby quilt, try to make placemat for everyone who will attend a tea we have at church in May and finally a quilt for a house where missionary will stay when they come to town. Hopefully I get this all done by the end of May.
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:14 PM

I had a quilt on the longarm ready to go and today I quilted it!!! Have to do the binding when I have another free day!
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dkm
    I'm going to start by making myself something. I made a bunch of potholders for family. Now I want some. I used the silver(ironing board material), insuli-brite, and batting. I think they can serve as a potholder and a hot mat. Need to make a birthday present for a friend. Then upward and onward ......
    You did it!! I have been reading the board to try and decide what to do next. And, that is what I really need...potholders! I have the perfect fabric for me (cats). I made dolphin potholders for our DIL and she was really happy to get them. Thanks so much for the idea! Righ now I am just a blurr.
    Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Finished baby things, so a polar fleece scarf is next. I bought a circle pattern fro Clotilda to make a circle scarf from polar fleece. It can be made from fabric also.
    Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
    Now that Christmas is over...what is next on your agenda? Anyone thinking Hearts for Valentines, Bunnys for Easter?? I'm not sure yet, I have some Butterfly fabric and Oriental prints I'd like to use.
    My son is getting married April 11th and wants something "edgy" and not traditional. I am going to try a twisted Bargello--way more edgy than I am comfortable with!
    Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM

I am teaching a paper piecing class 2nd Monday in January so have been using heart fabric for class samples. Also working on baby quilts for twins, a boy and a girl.:lol: