Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's your current project? >
  • What's your current project?

• What's your current project?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Well now let's see..My daughter and I took a class called "Trip for Two to Boston". We made two quilt tops, one for her and one for me. She cut and I sewed. I provided the materials from my stash. They are rainbow colors. When we started some of the other participants rolled their eyes but when we finished there were lots of oohs and aahs. Mine starts with purple in the middle and goes through the rainbow to red on the outside. Hers starts with red in the middle and ends with the purple on the outside. I quilted the center of mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't decided what I want to quilt in the borders so it's a WIP. Also have a couple of windmill wall quilts going, several crumb block projects, 3 pink and green quilt tops made entirely from my stash,and several others I can't think of right now. Also am crocheting a very large tablecloth in pineapple and spider web pattern for my daughter's antique oak round table. I'm always working on "Nebraska" knitted stocking caps for babies at our local hospital.I like having a variety of things to work on so I don't get tired on working on just one.
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:01 PM

I'm cutting 3" strips to make a strip quilt. I've never made one and have seen so many beautiful strip quilts on this board. I have so many black and white scraps from a quilt I made and one that my neighbor made (she gave me her scraps).I'v been drooling over the strip quilts now it's time to get busy making one. When I'm tired of a quilt I'm making I usually make some machine embroidery blocks to have on hand for baby quilts when needed. I usually make one quilt at a time and don't start another until it's finished. I love making scrappy quilts.
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 PM

As soon as a doll quilt and tablerunner are done and maybe a few more siggy blocks, I have a fun kit I purchased recently I want to make. It is a watermelon quilt.
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM

I am working on an appliqued quilt that I will give to my great niece. It will be single bed size. Seeing she is only 1 year old that gives me plenty of time to finish it. It has fabrics that I received when I renewed my subsctiption to a quilting magazine. It has appliqued flowers and hearts on it. I am machine piecing but am hand sewing buttonhole stitch around the flowers and will hand quilt. So far so good.
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Chocolate, cream, and blue (kinda)argyle baby quilt. I hope to get the top done tomorrow. I qill post pictures when its done!
    Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 PM

I'm working on three lap size Qt. Size ? I'm still working on sewing patches into block. In the planning stage, I planed on 4" w/ 2" sashing and 6" w/ 2" sashing, squa in a squa, finish blk cut diangle with like size sewed together, cutting stage two days later forgot seam allounce. little mistake kept forgetting what was planed what I was doing. I forgot to write in my journal. I have 6 UFOs in bags waithing tobe sandwitch. Cutting table to low causes back. When in pain I forget. But that is my life. Quilting relaxes me.
    Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM
    tmg

I have just finished quilting 3 tops and one cheater. I have one more to quilt. I am also working on a quilt for my son it is the Bonnie Hunter Scrappy Bargello. I have 62 fabrics in right now.
    Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 AM

I must pace myself, being a newbe and all.
    But with me learning and all, py project #1 a potholder, which is finished, not bad, but I didn't do the corners right(finish them)
    #2 a doll quilt
    #3 block of the month
    I just finished designing what I am going to "create for the doll quilt and the blkock of the month , I want it to be simple especially for a beginner.

and here I am doing math! sheesh!
    Old 06-26-2010, 03:49 AM

Oh my, along with the rest of you, I also have several WIP's.Finally got around to cleaning up sewing room today,and wouldn't you know it, there's a floor!!
    Ok, back to the subject, I found, 3 unfinished table runners, there are two baby boy car quilts ready to be sandwiched and quilted, a half quilted throw for 2nd DD, it's alittle bit of everything, applique, hand quilting, machine quilting and machine piecing. And then there's the half completed cot quilt, and several started queen size pieced tops. Seems like I'll be busy for the next few months.
    Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 AM

I just finished another signature quilt for a wedding